Final Cut Studio 2 Back-up cd's

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SDunleashed, Nov 23, 2008.

1. SDunleashed macrumors newbie

So I am going to be getting Final cut studio 2 soon and so I looked on craigslist to see if anyone had it for cheap because I am on a very short budget. And there is a guy selling FCS2 for $100 but they are back-up discs and it comes with all the product keys and books still. I was just wondering what would be bad about buying these, is it somehow illegal in any way? Please provide me with some info on this. Thanks.

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Sounds like a rip off, if the guy is selling backup DVDs he has obviously just copied his own and is selling the copies with the same license key.

Don't buy it.

3. SDunleashed thread starter macrumors newbie

Well what problems would come up if I was running back-up discs from his originals?

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

You would be breaking the law as I am almost positive he would still be using the software on his end.

If you don't care about breaking the law then just download it. If you do care, buy it from someone who is actually giving you all the original disks and manuals etc. Not much more anyone can say on the subject as it is ultimately your call.

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I agree with Cromulent, but wanted to add one thought. If he is really selling you the program and the license for its use why would he not provide you with the original disks along with the materials you mentioned? Keep in mind that without the license being transferred into your name it is still his- and he has the original disks to prove it which leaves you as just purchasing a pirated copy to provide him with some Christmas cash:(. Wonder how many other "Backup copies" he will sell?