Final Cut Studio 2 - Some Questions

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by adamfishercox, Oct 14, 2007.

1. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

Motion 3- In 3 D mode, with the little compass thing, I can only move the scene so I'm looking at the front, back, top, side, etc. How can I get it so I'm looking at any angle? It really frustrates me that All I can do is go from a straight on view to a side view. I want to be able to look at a 45 degree angle, or perhaps from the top right, etc. I want to be able to spin it to any view and have it stay there instead of only being able to see the front or only the back.

And Final Cut- Why can I only stretch overlay images to a certain length? I wouldn't expect a pro editing application to limit the duration of an overlay image. Yet, I can't expand it in the timeline to any longer than about a minute and a half.

2. -DH macrumors 65816

In the Timeline, double-click on the overlayed clip to load it into the Viewer. Once there, enter the duration you need in the upper left-hand Timecode window (duration window). Now you should be able to grab the right edge of the clip in the Timeline and extend it to the new duration.

If that doesn't work, simply copy & paste the overlay clip in the Timeline as many times as you need.

Can't help you with the Motion 3 question.

-DH

3. JohnMC macrumors 6502

In answer to the motion question, You need to use the view controls. You will find them in the top-right corner of the viewport. Click and drag to change perspective, zoom in and out, etc.

JohnMC

4. adamfishercox thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks so much... I think I'll keep this thread for any other n00b questions :)

That perspective thing really annoyed me.