Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tri3limited

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
London
At this moment in time, is it at all worth purchasing the FCS2 upgrade (from FCS1)?

As many predict NAB 2009 should see the release of FCS3, however Apple aren't listed to appear at the 2009 event, and blanked 2008 as it wasn't commercially viable.

If we got the updae now it could be another £400 update in April but I utilize FCP6 and Motion3 a lot and need to justify a work purchase. The Apple site alone doesn't sell it from a business stand point unfortunately.

bigbossbmb

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2004
Pasadena/Hollywood
I think FCS2 is a great upgrade from FCS1... It would make sense that Apple will introduce FCS3 next spring. However, that doesn't mean that you need to upgrade 7-8 months from now when it comes out. If you need FCP6 and Motion 3, then I'd say go with the upgrade now. Then, when FCS3 comes out, decide whether that is a worthwhile upgrade.

tri3limited

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
London
Thats a great point... I like to upgrade stuff asap and all my freelancing shiz is the latest however since joining this company they are a little behind the times (only 3GB in a Mac Pro??).

I think best way to go about it is to not tell the big man with the money about an update and surprise him nearer the time!!

Thanks for the advice!

[Problem solved, can be archived]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.