Final Cut Studio apps vs. Hard software

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by producer4u, Apr 28, 2012.

1. producer4u macrumors newbie

Ok, this may be a stupid question. I am looking to soon get "Final Cut Studio" If I download from app store it saves several hundred $. My questions:

1. Is there any difference on functionality from downloading the apps and having hard copies of this software? I guess this is the cost difference not having the hard copies?

Thanks in advance!!

2. cgbier macrumors 6502a

Final Cut is not sold on disks any more. You are free to burn your download image to a DVD though.

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Final Cut Pro X is available from the app store. Final Cut Pro 7 is part of the Final Cut Studio suite. There are two totally, completely 100% different applications.

Lethal

4. producer4u thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, I did not know this. Would you know which is better of the two? Thanks

5. simsaladimbamba

That depends on your editing requirements, as for some FCP X is better than FCP 7 and for some it is the other way around, as FCP X is almost completely different from FCP 7.
    You can try FCP X: http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/

You could also look at many of the available reviews of FCP X found via the www search engine of your choice to make up your mind.

6. mBox macrumors 68020

IMHO just download FCPX.
    Unless you are allready deep in the trenches with professional video, there is no reason to spend that much on FCS unless of course you get it for $400 legal.
    If you think you will be editing in Hollywood sometime this fall then learn Avid.