Final Cut Studio Discount

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fugabutacus, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Fugabutacus macrumors regular

I was told by an Apple Store employee that if I order through a college computer, I can get a student discount of about 75% on Final Cut Studio.

But, I won't be able to get to a college computer for a week or so... Anyone know any specific figures or anything? :S

Thanks.

2. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

Do you mean the price of FCP at a college computer store? It is 349.99 at my campus tech store. I hope this helps.

3. Fugabutacus thread starter macrumors regular

No, I mean if I order online, but through one of the University's computers. But you need to be on one of their computers just to see the prices, it's annoying :(

4. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

I do not understand why you have to be on a university computer to see prices. Sorry for the confusion. :D

5. bigjobby macrumors 65816

In the UK you're suppose to be on a university's network to be able to access the discounted pages student pages that gives you the massive discounts on Apple's software.

To the OP, aren't you going to wait for the scheduled release of the new FCP in June? Would be a pity if you need to buy right now.

6. Fugabutacus thread starter macrumors regular

Probably not. We've yet to see what they'll do with the other FCS apps yet, for a start.

But I'm not sure how discounts are supposed to work on the App Store or if they'll even be one. If not, then the price of Final Cut Pro X will be almost as much as the entire Final Cut Studio itself. Yikes.

And so no one knows the prices? Dang XD

7. Fugabutacus thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Seriously, NO ONE knows!? :'(

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yes, Apple does offer a steep Edu discount for FCS. 75% off sounds about right, but only going off the U.S. price, but would think the U.K. pricing would be similar.

Apple has said the other components of FCS would be previewed soon. So if you can wait until June I would. At least then you can make a choice. BTW Their is NO upgrade path for the Edu version of FCS anymore.