final cut studio/ express update coming soon?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johnsy, Apr 14, 2009.

1. johnsy macrumors 6502

I finally decided that imovie sucks*. It is good for the web, but that is about it. So I decided to go further with Final Cut. My wallet votes for Express version, but devil in my head for Studio (and credit cards might support devil too) :) . In any case I would be quite disappointed if upgrade would come after a week or so. It seems 2007 was a year when Apple upgraded these apps. So new versions coming soon? Still have many things to learn anyway.

*disclaimer- ilife it is still the best value for your money. Some features in imovie seems better than in pro apps - for example simplicity of importing video.

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

3. bchreng macrumors 65816

bchreng

I was wondering the same thing. I'd like to give FCE a try, but if it's that close to receiving an update, I think I'll wait a bit longer. From what little tidbits I've been able to scrounge from Google so far, it seems that the next version of FCS is almost complete. FCE can't be too far behind right?

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

FCE normally comes out about 6 months after FCS. I guess we will have to wait and see if the same is true this time.

5. johnsy thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess will go FCE route. It is $150 on amazon. Plus amazon offers the same discount on FCS, so it is like buying full retail from apple instead that you get both from amazon for the same price.