Final Cut Studio Question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by sk8r527, Oct 24, 2007.

1. sk8r527 macrumors member

How well would the 2.2 ghz MBP run final cut studio?

2. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

Fill it up with RAM (I'd consider 2GB the minimum) and add a large external hard drive as a scratch disk for capture and render files, and the MacBook Pro is a fine machine to run Final Cut Studio. I would consider a large external monitor, too - you can't have too much screen real estate for it.

But please tell us what camera you have, and what you are going to do with it. There are some video codecs out there that have significantly higher bitrates (let alone uncompressed video) which would make a Mac Pro the better recommendation.

- Martin

3. seany916 macrumors 6502

Currently editing off of 2 MBPs. Waiting for the next Big Mac. It can't get here sooner.

That said, a MBP runs FCS fine.

If you can live with a desktop, have the funds, and plan to do any editing past hobby/once in a while, get the MP. This is a good time for you.

4. coocooforcocoap macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

i have the same machine as u. fcp runs kinda doggee compared to premiere pro cs3, which i also have and am trying to decide which one to keep on this box. i love fcp but dunno why i am seeing so many pinwheels. hmmmm...:confused: