Final Cut "Studio?"

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MowingDevil, Dec 19, 2014.

1. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

So I've purchased Final Cut Pro and when I install it there is a second folder called "Final Cut Studio" that comes with it. Inside I find Apple Administrator, Apple Qmaster, Compressor & Soundtrack Pro....which are all present when you install Logic as well. What is strange to me, is there seems to be a 2nd Final Cut Pro app in this folder but its got the white circle w/ a slash through it. This is usually an indication that a program is not compatible w/ the current OS and is out of date. However when I try to open it I receive a message that it "may be damaged out incomplete".

Is this normal? Seems kind of odd to me for this to be the way it should be.

2. JustinePaula macrumors regular

When you say Final Cut Pro, is this Final Cut Pro X? If Yes, then what version did you buy?

I cannot find any mention of Apple Administrator, Apple Qmaster, Compressor & Soundtrack Pro in the Show Package Contents of Final Cut Pro X 10.1.4, the latest updated version of X.

3. chrfr macrumors 603

This is because it's out of date software. You bought an old version of Final Cut Pro and Final Cut 7 was the last one that included all that stuff. Version 7 was released in 2009. Final Cut Pro 10 is only available from the App Store and is a very different program.