Final Cut Studio

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by blueicedj, Nov 4, 2008.

1. blueicedj macrumors 6502

What problems could I run in to if I bought this on ebay?

2. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Depending on whether it's Studio 2 or not you will have Color (studio 2), Motion, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, Compressor, Live Type, Cinema Tools, DVD Studio Pro, and Qmaster.

Just be sure that it comes with a box, all the discs, and a valid registration.

3. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

keep in mind that there are supplimentary disks with templates and sound files on them. If I remember correctly, there is a total of 9 DVDs.

P-Worm

4. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

A bunch if you are not careful. Make sure you are getting the ORIGINAL disks and a serial, if not then don't waste your time or money.

The best way to see if it's worth it is to compare what the seller is giving you for it and what can be had online or elsewhere. Right now, I have my local dealer selling it for $1049 and that's a steal IMO.

5. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Sorry read your post wrong, thought you were asking what programs you would be able to run. And yes, there are 9 DVDs.

6. cpcarrot macrumors member

The problem you have is you can never be 100% certain that the serial number is not in use somewhere else. It's fine if your buying off someone you know and trust to get it 2nd hand but buying it from an unknown you could potentially be throwing your money away. I personally would not buy software like that off e-bay.

7. blueicedj thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for your replies. I'm still not sure what I want to do, but I'll be checking very carefully to make sure that all is included and not in use...I just hope I don't get screwed over by someone...

8. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

I personally just wouldn't purchase such an expensive and intensive application from eBay. How bad do you need the apps? And how much of a discount are you looking for?

9. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

eBay is hit and miss. I personally would not buy anything over $100 on eBay as I don't trust people I can't meet up with. I would rather buy from people on here and Craigslist.