Final Cut Studio

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SportSphere, Mar 5, 2010.

1. SportSphere macrumors newbie

Hey everyone. I just purchased an iMac; it's my first Mac, and represents my change from PC to Mac. Exciting stuff, I know. Anyway, I also bought the Final Cut Studio. I'm reading through the manual and have a quick question:

It contains Audio Content Discs, which says:
    "These discs contain an extensive library of sound effects, music beds, and loops in the compressed Apple Loops format for use with Soundtrack Pro, Motion, DVD Studio Pro, and Final Cut Pro... as well as Logic Pro, Logic Express, and GarageBand."

I haven't installed it yet, but before I use up 53GB of space - I have a few questions. Will these sound files be available for import through Final Cut and GarageBand? Or, for example, will it combine with the GarageBand sounds that are already there? I've only played around a tad bit with Final Cut... do these sounds go into a library on Final Cut as well?

Sorry for the questions, they are probably stupid. I just really don't have any Mac experience.

Thanks in advance.

2. SportSphere thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey - I just installed the software (took 4.5 hours for some reason... even with my 2.8GHz quad core Intel i7 processor). Anyway, it's installed - but where do I find the audio tracks that it installed on the computer? There were 3 discs of audio... I have no idea where they are.

3. SportSphere thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I now have 2,857 sound effects in GarageBand. I didn't look to see how many were there before. Did those files from the Studio go into GarageBand? I'm not sure how many sound effects the new GarageBand has... the one at school is a few years old and has about 450 I think.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can have a twenty-four core quad 69GHz CPU machine, that will not make an installation process faster, as the DVD drive is not bound to CPU speed.

The copying process takes time, also the .pkg files have to be extracted onto the HDD temporarily.

The sound files are probably at Macintosh HD / Library / Application Support / Final Cut Studio or something similar.

You can use Disk Inventory X, OmniDiskSweeper or GrandPerspective to scan your HDD for big folders, or just use Finder and select Show All Sizes in the View Options window, so that folder sizes will be displayed.

5. SportSphere thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Would it be under SoundTrack Pro? I can't find under "Get Info" the time that the folder/files were created on my computer... so I'm not sure if that's it. Either way, Garage Band doesn't typically have 2,800 sound effects, correct? I assume those sounds from FC Studio went into GarageBand; I'm just not positive.

6. SportSphere thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess all I need to know now is how many sound effects the standard 2009 GarageBand has.