Final Cut to tape deck issues

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Orion09, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Orion09 macrumors newbie

Im tryin to print some episodes to tape and runnin into some issues. I have been doing this with no problem for a couple years now but no more...My setup to give you an idea is Firewire out of my mac into my tapedeck and a/v out of my tapedeck into a monitor just to make sure everything is ok. When i play my video it usually has a straight stream to my monitor through the tapedeck but what its doing now is just playing the audio and showing the first frame of the video and nothing else till i stop the video, then it changes the first frame to the last frame i stopped the video on. When I try to print to tape it will record the audio and just the frame that the playhead was on when I hit record. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem before, its kinda strange. I have restarted FCP, refresed the A/V devices checked my settings and not sure whats goin on. There is a connection because it brings the picture and audio in, it just wont stream the video to my tape deck. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

Three things come to mind.

Does the material require rendering? You'd probably get a big UNRENDERED across your monitor if it did, but you never know.

Does your sequence match the footage and is it compatible with your equipment? First thing I'd be doing is checking projects that worked previously. Then I'd shut everything down, power down the deck, have a coffee, and start up again.

Could there be any NTSC/PAL issues? I'm in PAL land and if I try to play NTSC footage from FCP -> Sony DV CAM deck -> Panasonic Monitor I always have some sort of hassle.

Popping the canvas in Wireframe mode can have this effect too. The 'w' key cycles through 'image', 'image + wireframe' and 'wireframe'. The last one shows just the wireframe in the canvas and only still images on the monitor.