Final Decision Nikon D5000 VS. Canon T1i

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by djarsalan2006, May 1, 2010.

1. djarsalan2006 macrumors regular

hey guys, im making my decision to buy my first DSLR, i dont really care about the video quality, however what i care about is the pic quality,
    what would you guys choose between these two ?

2. the1sttransport macrumors member

Well if you don't care about video -period- you could look at the D3000, essentially the D5000 without video and live view.

But to answer your question, go to a shop and pick them. See how they feel in your hands. Look into expansion options and decide from there. Both are fully capable of taking tremendous pictures if you take the time and patience to learn the basics.

Def experience both of them and your guys will answer better than we can

3. djarsalan2006 thread starter macrumors regular

i looked at both of them into the shop, actually three of them including D3000 !
    i liked the feel of D5000 ..

4. HBOC macrumors 68020

go with what you feel comfortable with. No use paying money for something you don't like the feel of.

5. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

Lucky you, living in NYC and having so many camera shops to visit in person and make informed choice on your body, lens, tripod, filters (or not to use filters), flash, diffusers, etc........

I'm visiting a buddy end of June who live near NYC and can't wait to have 2-3 hrs in a "real" camera store.

6. kxfrog macrumors regular

I bought the T1i it is an amazing camera but you should try them both and get what you like the feel of. I thought the Canon was more future proof. (better sensor more lenses more megapixels.)

7. 88888888 macrumors 6502a

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

agreed.. once you pick up the d90 you will feel like the D5000 is a toy...
    biggest "mistake" I made :D

9. ManhattanPrjct macrumors 6502

There's only one! (okay, maybe there's more than one, but only one where it's a real pleasure to shop!)

10. leighonigar macrumors 6502a

It really isn't, at least as far as image quality is concerned. The D3000 more or less lags a generation.