Final Draft 7 Arbitrarily Adding Pages...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FinalAct4, Feb 15, 2010.

1. FinalAct4 macrumors newbie

I have a new Macbook Pro where I have installed FD7 (upgraded). I worked on a 105 page script on Friday, adding a few lines which increased the page count to 106. I saved it. Printed it. And Closed it.

Sunday, I re-open the same file only to discover now FD7 has clocked the pages at 108. It appears that on page 10 FD7 'pushed' forward the last four lines onto the next page. Then, throughout the entire script - every so often - it would 'push' more lines into the forward page amounting to an increase in 2 pages.

FD7 is glitchy, I know, often times when working in a script where I cut three pages, the total page count didn't change for a while after making the change.

I did not mess with the 'tight' feature, nor were there any changes other than shortening one line. I even converted it to a pdf and emailed it to several people... now it's two pages longer, not a good thing.

Can anyone make any suggestions? Or has this happened to anyone -- PC or Mac?

Thanks for the help.
    FA4

2. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Happens to me all the time. But it works both ways. Sometimes, you cut just one word somewhere, and all of a sudden your script is 2 pages shorter. Just the way small space savings/expansions domino throughout the script and add to a lot more down the line. Completely expected, and not much to be done about it - the way I handle that, is to go back through the script and see if I can't f.ex. cut out one word somewhere (or substitute a shorter one) - and that can often translate into a whole line wrapping earlier, then the paragraph suddenly fits on the previous page - and all this cascades through many more pages, and suddenly your script is a hella lot shorter... just from changing one word. One tip is to institute the cutting somewhere early in the script to give it a chance to accumulate many more space savings as it rockets through the rest of the script. You never saw all this??? You must not have used this software too much :)