Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MIKE666

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2008
So I've been reading around that people are playing on the 2.66 i7 512mb 330m Macbook Pro on standard-high settings. This blows my mind. Im on the same mbp and have to set every single option to low and put my res to 1200x800 or something grossly low to get it to run smooth.

what am i doing wrong?

sounds like maybe you dont have the latest/good drivers. best to google around for drivers, im not really sure where to look but im sure someone will.:)

xispec

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2010
just returned my copy of FFXIV to amazon. Even when i met System requirement, it just won't work regardless of which method I tried to install the game. Spent the whole week trying to figure it out and no help from forum searches and of course zero help from Square-Enix... Maybe I'll wait for the PS3 version.

Edit: Oh and I also think I found the problem if anyone is having an issue with the "FFXIV.exe has stopped working" for anyone using the Mac Pro, I have upgraded from a Geforce 120 to see if that was the issue to a ATI 5770 and still get the error and tried installing all kinds of ways, through safe mode, doing a clean boot up of Windows 7, and even backing the drivers from 10.9 to 10.8 for ATI Catalyst and still no go. But through research, I think it is caused by the fact that it is the motherboard or the 2x Quad-cores in my setup. Square Enix technical support will not help what so ever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.