Final Fantasy XI on Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Getchoo, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Getchoo macrumors newbie

Hello, i'm very new to this whole forum posting stuff so please excuse me if I do something wrong. I was just curious as to whether or not Final Fantasy XI would be able to run on the 2.2 ghz Macbook Pro (new version) at all and if so, how well. I plan to put 4 gigs of ram into it if that will help it out at all. It'll have 160 GB HD at 7200 rpm and NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 128MB SDRAM. I've tried looking all over google to see if anyone else tried it, but didn't find anything. Any help on this would be great. Thank you for your time.

2. applekid macrumors 68020

Sounds like over kill to me...

FFXI System Requirements

Then again, I guess people do complain about how WoW won't run above 30 FPS in some places at the highest of settings even though the requirements for the game are pretty low...

Not from personal experience, but I don't see how the MacBook Pro would have trouble running FFXI.

3. Getchoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I was pretty sure that it easily reached the requirements of the game, but like you said, WOW even has some problems running. I suppose it might just be something I have to buy and check out myself to see how it goes. Thanks for your help