Final laptop decision

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by OMGitsDaYisus, Dec 28, 2016.

1. OMGitsDaYisus macrumors newbie

OMGitsDaYisus

After all your feedback, I finally decided to buy the 2016 Macbook Pro with TouchBar and the 16Gb of RAM and 512 GB of storage upgrade. I hope this laptop gives me a very long useful life, and I will be looking foward to Apple computers rather than other companie's. I'll also be buying an iPhone, but that will take longer ;D.

2. Kjung7 macrumors 6502

Congrats! I just placed an order for mine yesterday. It's already preparing for shipment, hopefully it ships out sometime today or tomorrow :)

And welcome to MacRumors!

3. skids929 macrumors 6502a

skids929

you will like it, I have the same config in the 13 and I am very happy with it. No issues so far. Battery life could be better but it doesn't create an issue for me. It's just not the ridiculous battery life of MacBooks from the past. Otherwise I'd say it's about average. The laptop however is superb.

4. Kjung7 macrumors 6502

Were you debating at all between the 15 and the 13? On B&H the base 15 was the same price as the 13 spec'd the same way as you ordered. I had a hard time deciding, but ultimately went with the 13 for portability.

5. skids929 macrumors 6502a

skids929

Yes, so I bought both and tried them side by side. Then returned both and bought a BTO. I tried them side by side for over a week and quite honestly right out of the box there was no question the 13 was the way to go for me. The 15 is nice, and better value and the screen is fantastic. But you can't toss it around like you can the 13, I take my laptop all over the house, every room. The 15 to me was more of a machine that would spend more of it's time parked on a desk with the occasional mobile use and didn't sit as balanced on my lap like the 13, more wobbly. Not saying it's not portable but the 13 is much much better in that dept. The other thing I noticed is the colors look different on each machine. So make sure you;ve physically seen them first, even though this is totally subjective. I felt the silver looked much better on the 13, again, totally a personal thing, but I did feel the colors took on different looks with the 13 as opposed to the 15.

bottom line the portability of the 13 CAN NOT be beat. It parks nicely on my coffee table, in a water field case. I love it and I don't think the screen is too small by any means.

6. Kjung7 macrumors 6502

I was debating between silver and space gray too. I ended up going for Space gray just cause I'm really liking the stealth look.

Thanks for the input. I can't wait till mine gets here.