Final options!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FreshTag, Apr 17, 2010.

  1. FreshTag macrumors newbie

    Apr 1, 2010
    I waited and new macbook pro came out. I'm kinda dissapointed because 13" spec didnt change much (I wish they had i5 for 13" and i7 for 15" and 17" xP). Anyways, here are my final options for macbook pro with the discounts...

    a) 13” 2.4GHz 8GB ram 250GB HD + $100 rebate printer --------- $1174.21
    b) *13” 2.4GHz 8GB ram 320GB HD + $100 rebate printer -------- $1211.71
    c) 13” 2.66GHz 4GB ram 320GB HD + $100 rebate printer -------- $1569.21 (I'm going to upgrade this ram to 8GB after buying this which adds $470)
    d) *13” 2.66GHz 8GB ram 320GB HD + $100 rebate printer ------- $1399.21

    Im considering between the stars (but i put all the lists just in case). The only difference is the CPU speed and money costs little over $100. Is it worth paying $100 more to get a little better CPU speed or pay less with little lower CPU? Because I heard the speed of CPU does't matter that much... *My thought is to get the option "D" idk because it has little better CPU but if the speed really doesnt affect then option "B".

    My computer will be used for school(college) works, such as reports/note taking and art works(photographs). For entertaining, I will probably watch a TV show or movie(but not often i dont think). This is what I'm thinking so far but idk I might find something more later on. It is my first time buying mac and its lotta money...

    what are your suggestions?
  2. kellen macrumors 68020


    Aug 11, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    None. Do you need 8 gigs of ram? Get the base 13".

    What discount is that showing? 8 gig option is $360 on education.
  3. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816


    Sep 5, 2009
    Where are you getting these prices on mbps with 8gb ram?
  4. snowleopard13 macrumors regular

    Apr 12, 2010
    option A but with 4GB RAM and then upgrade RAM and HDD yourself. it's easy and u save some $$ over apple's upgrade options ;)
  5. marvlaw macrumors member

    Jan 25, 2010

    I was looking at similar options and was curious why everyone is advocating for Option B.
  6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604


    Dec 29, 2006
    dallas, texas
    Given the OP's needs, there doesn't seem to be a need for the faster processor one bit.

    The extra 70GB for $35 doesn't seem to unreasonable.
  7. FreshTag thread starter macrumors newbie

    Apr 1, 2010
    thanks for the help but nevermind i did the math wrong... sorry

Share This Page