Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trudd

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2004
Texas
Thought I'd share this with you all. I was assigned to do a music video for my final productions project.

A few lines are out of sync because I ran out of editing time before it was due. Also, I apologize for the "stretched" look. Instead of exporting to h.264 from FCP to QTPro, I copied an FCP Movie into iMovie for DVD burning purposes and for some reason it stretched. I now export as a DV Stream and the stretching is gone. Weird.

I hope you enjoy this classic from Jock Jams Volume 1: https://bearspace.baylor.edu/Taylor_Rudd/public/Project_6.mp4

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Very cool, ran a little long but it was cool. How did you get the Nano to have that menu though? :confused: lol. Either way it was really good. Looked like you had some fun doing it.

Comments:
You could have prolly synced some of the dancing just a bit better. Like when the go woop! you could have had thier hips hit the end... I dunno how to explain it but if you get it thats good lol. Oh and also have more on cue dances. Like when they are moving their hands make it firmer. Just for videos sake.

Great Job! I loved the Pig!! and tell Mariam? right? lol that she was cheated in those credits ;)

trudd

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2004
Texas
Texas04 said:
Very cool, ran a little long but it was cool. How did you get the Nano to have that menu though? :confused: lol. Either way it was really good. Looked like you had some fun doing it.

Comments:
You could have prolly synced some of the dancing just a bit better. Like when the go woop! you could have had thier hips hit the end... I dunno how to explain it but if you get it thats good lol. Oh and also have more on cue dances. Like when they are moving their hands make it firmer. Just for videos sake.

Great Job! I loved the Pig!! and tell Mariam? right? lol that she was cheated in those credits ;)

It was a full fledged video iPod. I simply filmed him scrolling through the menu and superimposed the first part of the video. Unfortunately the iPod moved slightly so you can see the edges of the screen and the image collide.

As far as dancing goes, I was going for a "we are white students who can't dance" look - judging by the comments I think we succeeded, whether on purpose or inadvertently ;)

iamhammill

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
York, PA
Awesome vid. I loved how the video started on the ipod, then went into the real thing. (I think that's what that was)

Either way, good job. If you don't mind, is production your major? What school are you going to?

trudd

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2004
Texas
Equipment as follows:

1.67ghz Powerbook G4 Rev. D, 1gb RAM.

Canon GL2

Final Cut 3.0 (though Final Cut Studio just came in the mail today)

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
It's great! More like a proper old-skool style vid. Most of the rubbish that comes with music today is well, rubbish! This one was good fun to watch though...

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
I saw a little flash of text at the end so a slowed the video down: "I told you I'd put you in the credits, Mariann"

At first I thought it was a nice message to your teachers :D Do you think Mariann got the message?

Best of luck with your class.

Nuc

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i enjoyed it. I too like the edit of the ipod to the video. Very creative shots. I like the one where the camera is looking through a tube. and also the one towards the end were the girls were dancing behind the windows for a silhouette effect

regre7

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2006
Atlanta, GA
It's more than my efforts could produce, good camera work. Very enjoyable, and I got the "we're white and we can't dance" idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.