Final Questions MBP 15" advice on laptop backpack

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 2high2aim, May 23, 2010.

1. 2high2aim macrumors 6502

I went to the apple store today to purchase my MBP 15" i7 (or i5) hi-res AG but they did not have any antiglare in the 15" model and so I was a little sad and went over to check the Incase Neoprene Plus sleeve and was about to buy that but was told to wait a little longer before I make my purchase.

This will be my first time using a mac and so I am really excited. I will be buying iWork along with my purchase besides that its all the norm.

I already bought the Zagg Invishield and was wondering if the Incase on top would be able to fit on top of that? (I've looked at speks case but only had vented holes for half of case)
    http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/hardshell-case-cl57186/4
    You guys think this will be a little too much?

Now I am thinking of buying a good backpack for my new laptop instead of the sleeve and need some advice here too.

Incase Backpack
    vs.
    Incase Compact Backpack

or anything else that might catch my fancy...:D (my budget is around 100 USD)

btw JUST ORDERED MY MBP15 i7

2. 2high2aim thread starter macrumors 6502

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65hypY6FeLU

vs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8ExoFMvP44

I do not know which one to go with as I like the compact version for its slim profile and tighter fit for the MBP15 vs. the "backpack" version is which can fit up to a 17 will be slightly looser but it has more space...how much space idk but another compartment and was thinking getting the larger bag for laptop/DSLR camera but Im unsure if I could just do all this is the compact design. Wish I could see them both in person. Anyone know stores that care a lot of Encase backpacks?

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Thers no way the case will fit over anything except the bare computer. The incase is very tight fitting to the comp

4. 2high2aim thread starter macrumors 6502

So what would you say to go with just the compact version since the larger one will not fit the camera?

Does anyone know if the compact version has the furry laptop compartment?

5. htpw16 macrumors member

6. 2high2aim thread starter macrumors 6502

I did not buy either one and my taste is for something a little more unique from the vast majority of college kids

7. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Spireusa.com makes some of the nicest backpacks and include a removable sleeve sized for the notebook.