Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesnajera

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2003
Another one for adding the dots (or outlines of dots or some type of indication) back to calendar so I can see when I have events during the whole month view (or even year view).

sigamy

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
NJ USA
  • "Running mode" or "car mode" for Music player that lets me tap on left or right edge to move track forward/back.
  • 3-4 icon choices for default apps
  • Ability to change default apps; delete stock apps.
  • Quick reply
  • Improved battery life!
  • Alert types for calendar events (sports, work, errands). Where I can set that a sports event I get a reminder 1 day before and 1 hour before. A work event I get a reminder 15 minutes before, etc.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
I bet my friend $10 they add quick reply to iPhone. They always are talking about making OS X like the iPhone. Mavericks has quick reply iPhone will also get quick reply I would be shocked it if didnt happen

I think quick reply is not a minor feature to not be botherd mentioning on WWDC! They would have mention it, at least briefly if they intended to add it on the final release. My guess is they left it for iOS 8 (new message app, contacts app, email app etc)

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
I think quick reply is not a minor feature to not be botherd mentioning on WWDC! They would have mention it, at least briefly if they intended to add it on the final release. My guess is they left it for iOS 8 (new message app, contacts app, email app etc)

Typically I would agree, but due to the rushed nature of the project and the fact that they typically try to save at least one major feature for the keynote later in the year when they announce hardware to be released with the new iOS, I feel that it could make it.

allistera

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Apple could still introduce Quick Reply. Have you seen the size of the free space under text notification box? Larger than before.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Typically I would agree, but due to the rushed nature of the project and the fact that they typically try to save at least one major feature for the keynote later in the year when they announce hardware to be released with the new iOS, I feel that it could make it.

Maybe you are right, but that major feature on the past have been related and exclusive somehow to the latest hardware (Like Siri) But time will tell, the sooner, the better.

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
I really thought they would've added up next to the music app as well. strange

and another thing I'd like to see instead of the 5 static buttons on the bottom of apps like music and then the more button. make the bottom horizontal scrollable, so you don't need the more menu and can just scroll through various button on the bottom

Aguirre-Ver

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2013
My wish list:

1. Definitely a System-wide Equalizer, but not the crappy presets,
An at least 5 band parametric or so.
2. A call timer that be able to cut the call at X time, for cell plans that include free 5 min calls,or whatever.

sik08amg

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2012
Tampa, FL
Another one for adding the dots (or outlines of dots or some type of indication) back to calendar so I can see when I have events during the whole month view (or even year view).

regarding the dots... The calendar needs to show different color dots corresponding to which calendar you have an event. I think this beta doesn't have the dots due to a glitch, but there needs to be more development in the calendar app for sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.