Final Set Up: Wrapsol, SGP Ole, Griffin Reveal w/PIX

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nelly41, Jul 28, 2010.

1. nelly41 macrumors regular

My final set up? Maybe...lol.

So I finally have all the "protection" I would like on the phone. Here's a mini review for each of the products.

Wrapsol Original Back: Love the back. Great matte feel and scratch resistant. I wish it was cut a little bit longer to fit the entire back glass without having to stretch it when applying it. No biggie though.

Wrapsol Original Sides: Its pretty good. Has the same matte feel and great to protect the band. Wish it was a millimeter or so thicker to cover the entire thickness. TIP: I DIDN'T USE THE SPRAY TO APPLY THE SIDE PROTECTORS, JUST WETTED MY FINGERS AND APPLIED AS NECESSARY. DONE IN LIKE A FEW MINS.

SGP Oleophoebic: Love the screen protector at first. Very clear and doesn't hinder at all with the retina display. Was a bit hard to apply and I messed up, so I had to use the wet apply method. Also scratched/dinged a little already. I wish it was more resistant to the finger smudges. I might end up getting the PS Anti Glare HD after some pics/reviews come out.

Griffin Reveal: A lot of people don't like this product because of mainly the backside scratching easily and the rubber sides, but I don't mind. I mainly like it for the fact that it has a clear back protector/window so you can put your own custom images like what beyondthetech did. BTW, I have the updated revised Reveal from Griffin.

Enough with the reviews and onto the pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mastamuffin macrumors member

Looks awesome, but one thing is odd.

On the last pic why does it say "The Family Guy"
    The show is called "Family Guy"

3. nelly41 thread starter macrumors regular

I know. lol. I saw the image online and thats how it was. I have other images that I printed out too and I switch them around every so often.

4. Mastamuffin macrumors member

oh haha.

OOO so your just putting pics in the case? Thats a awesome idea!

5. sm0 macrumors regular

looks awesome, but that stewie thing is hideous..

6. nelly41 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah thanks. Got the idea from beyondthetech.

[​IMG]

7. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

That's pretty smart I never thought of that..now the reveal doesn't seem so bad to go back to lol..

8. undercompensate macrumors member

quick question for the OP -- are you using sticky tape to put your images on the case, or is the pressure between case and the phone strong enough to put the image in place?

Nice oversized apple logo. Where did you get that?

9. nelly41 thread starter macrumors regular

I printed everything on photo paper. I bought it at staples. They had a clearance of 50 glossy 8x11 for 2.50! I just scaled it down to size using word. Then cut it down and punch the hole out. They're just photos that I put in the back of the case. It stays on it's own as long as you cut the picture to the right size. As for the apple logo I found it on google.

Type in something like apple vintage logo.

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

11. Subjugator macrumors regular

I really like the Griffin case as well. I painted the back of it with a few coats of primer then a few coats of flat black paint. Now it dosnt scratch nearly ass easy and the camera flash is not a problem. I also use the Ultra Oleophobic.

12. Pared macrumors 65816

How old are you, 14? It's his phone and he's protecting it. There's nothing excessive about it. It works for him.

13. nelly41 thread starter macrumors regular

LOL. I just like to overprotect my electronic devices whether its my camera, ds lite, or iphone.