Final Straw - Cancelled Premier Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sean4123, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

I'm sick of trying to figure out this how ATT Premier Backorder/Not Backordered 15th, 16th Mystery, so I just cancelled and am going to waltz into the Apple Store I reserved the same phone from and walk out with it hassle free on the 24th. I called them, they have my email, assured me it would be held, and i'm all good. Forget ATT Premier and there hypothesis's they've been feeding everyone as to whats going on. I got a different story every time I called.

If you have a reservation, just cancel you're premier. You'll be fine as long as your a FAN account holder.

2. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Except for the fact it could take 7 days for it to clear your account that shows you have one on order from AT&T and are eligible for the discount. So what could happen is you walk in to Apple the run the the status check and AT&T says he's not eligible because yo had one on order and according to the reps I talked to takes up to 7 days to clear. The only reason Im even saying this as I have 2 on order and 2 reserved and know this might happen.

3. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

i'm doing the same if it's not being updated by tomorrow as not backordered...$uck it ATT...never like jailbreaking and doing stuff like free tethering..but i'm gonna do it now

4. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

now everyone is getting tracking numbers. should have waited. patience

5. texfire macrumors member

So, I'm gonna be a total ass, but if you paid as much attention to your grammar as your Premier order, perhaps I'd feel something for you.

6. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

It's too late to cancel my premier order.......

......because it already shipped.

:apple:

7. fuzion macrumors 6502

/slap

8. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

pwned

9. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

I wish it were that simple. I have a FAN account and have been told by the store manager where I have a reservation that under no circumstances will I be allowed to leave with my reserved phone unactivated and as they can not activate it on my Premier line, I'm screwed no matter what price I'm willing to pay.

I do have a fallback of activating it on son's line which is eligible but then I'm going to have to listen to him gloat :p

10. Sean4123 thread starter macrumors 6502

I didn't realize this was an English Composition class. I rarely have any grammatical errors in my posts, so it figures that when it happens, I have someone trying to act like he's an intellectual elitist. I posted this thread very quickly and s*** happens.

As for the cool kids in here that had their orders go through, thats great. Mine, however, was still backordered as are a ton of Premier orders.

11. Sean4123 thread starter macrumors 6502

it won't take up to 7 days. I'm still eligible for the upgrade. How do I know this? The rep checked in the regular ATT department and the Premier rep checked too. Then I checked on the ATT website. My ordered never shipped and the phone was never activated. As for the Premier account, I also asked the reps. I'm good to go. I'd rather be 100% positive of getting a phone on the 24th, rather than crossing my fingers and hoping ATT doesn't royally sc**w me.

12. Sean4123 thread starter macrumors 6502

OOOOH you're not on backorder. Do you think that means anything?

13. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

I can't imagine going anywhere near an Apple store on the 24th is going to be "hassle free."

14. fuzion macrumors 6502

Yup!!! It means AT&T has an iPhone with my name on it.

Various sources say that going off back order means a phone and serial number have been attached to the order and just needs to ship now

15. woosah macrumors regular

woosah

They say backordered, but that's because AT&T is still receiving stock and assigning S/N's to orders. After which, your order may or may not be updated, but your phone will ship. My order, also placed through premier, went from backordered to shipped in a matter of hours. Good luck on Thursday.

16. CJayC macrumors 6502

Yeah guys, cancel YOU ARE premier.

17. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

The intellectual elitists are everywhere!

18. skywest153 macrumors member

Most premiere orders didn't start changing till recently.

Mine was ordered on the 15th through premiere at 433pm EST, showed 16th on ATT, and only just an hour or so ago switch from backordered 1 to 0.

Good luck waiting in line. I've done that the last three releases. Finally tired of the lines, but I understand your frustration!

19. Sean4123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow. You're cool buddy. Your mom is cool too.

There YOU go.

I actually made this thread to try helping people out that were on the fence about the way ATT has handled the Premier orders, but all I got back was people acting as if i'm incompetent because of grammatical errors on an internet message board! To top it off, people are rubbing it in my face that right after I canceled, a lot of Premier orders had status updates (as if that means anything). I hope you all get your phones on the 24th because we both know its the closest thing most of you have to an actual girlfriend.

20. sandydlc macrumors regular

I'm a premiere customer and we have four new iphones on order for four new lines of service. I just checked my order status and I have one of the four that has shipped. The others still say "in progress".

So - looks promising!

21. CJayC macrumors 6502

Should be:

1. Your mom is cool, too.
    2. There you go.
    3. ...to try to help people out...
    4. AT&T
    5. ...all I got back were people acting as if I were incompetent...
    6. Internet is capitalized
    7. Periods go inside the parenthesis, not outside.
    8. Erroneous assumptions based on your own life. I'm going to wait in line with my eager-to-go girlfriend, who isn't even getting one.

22. jbcraigs macrumors newbie

Mine just now changed to NOT BACKORDERED!!

I placed order thru Premier at 8:30 am PST, 6/15. Non premier status shows order was at 6/16. Backorder column just went to '0'. Premier status still shows 'In Progress' and no tracking info. yet.

Order number 1012XXXXXXXXXXXXX

23. outphase macrumors 65816

24. Sean4123 thread starter macrumors 6502

You are the most ridiculous person I have ever come across on any message board. You corrected how I spelt AT&T? Get a life pal. I feel sorry for your girlfriend. I can't wait for the revision of this post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.