final studio really take up 50+ gb?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bigjnyc, May 27, 2008.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

does final studio 2 really take up about 50+ gb of your hard drive space like my friend tells me?

I was thinking about getting it to do some amateur movie editing (home movies and stuff) since imovie 08 got stripped of all the effects and its really crappy.

but my friend tells me it takes up a huge amount of your hard drive, if this is the case i dont think its worth it for me, i guess its just meant for proffessionals.

what do people with 80gb hard drives do? i guess they cant use this software.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Basically. Just use iMovie and find some third-party transitions and effects. You don't need Final Cut Studio for home movies.

3. harry454 macrumors 6502

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Yeah, you can download iMovie 06 (if you have iLife 08) from Apple.com.

Or you could get Final Cut Express.. its install is probably only around 5GB.

If you're just making home movies, there's no way in hell you need the $1300 Final Cut Studio. You wouldn't even use 10% of what it can do.

So download iMovie 06 and try that..

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/imovieHD6.html

If you still want more power, get FCE, but be warned: it's MUCH more complicated to use than iMovie.

5. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Your going to drop a grand on Final Cut, which will take you the best part of a year to work out how to use?

Use iMovie, if you find that too simple then you might consider Final Cut Express which is only a couple hundred.

6. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc