Final take home US price is ???

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ianrip, Mar 13, 2015.

1. ianrip macrumors 6502

ianrip

work:Oyu Tolgio, Home:LOS, From Scotland G15
    I’m looking at getting a friend from the US to buy an SS for me, I’m in the UK and the UK site mentions Final price including VAT etc.

What’s the final price for the US versions, is something missing, or as it says on the apple store site for example
    US
    SS Sports white band 599
    SS link 999

Compared to UK
    SS Sports white band 519
    SS link 859

2. KauaiBruce, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015

KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Each State and some cities in the US have sales tax. It is not added on up front like it is in the UK and the rest of Europe. I wish it was because pricing can be very misleading.

I am lucky to be in Hawaii where the tax is just 4%. California is 10% I think. I had been thinking the prices in Europe were higher but it looks like the VAT is added in.

So in Hawaii the total for SS is $1049 but in other places it is $1099.

I just checked the German apple store. Price is 1.149 Euro which today is $1218. Looks like the Tax is 184 Euro ($195). If I am calculating correctly it might be a little cheaper for me in Germany if the exchange rate stays the same. For once I would apply to get my VAT back.

Oops. Not using up my duty allowance on something I can get at home.

3. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

It generally depends what state you are in, as each state can set its own sales tax rates. Florida, for example has a sales tax rate of 6%.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Here

Attached Files:

5. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

The saving is not that great on something of this value - plus customs will want duty on the import unless you don't declare it. You also then have the issue of the charger.

6. ianrip thread starter macrumors 6502

ianrip

i think the charger is the same
    USB -Magneto :D

7. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Apple does not make a single device that is not rated at 100 - 250 volts. You will need an adapter at most.

8. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

I'm aware of that, but whats in the box for the watch? We (or i ) haven't see it yet. Is it interchangeable like the iPad? or is it a detachable cable like the mac?

Adaptors look cheap and nasty, so if you have to buy a travel type kit you will have lost any potential savings - hence my comment.

9. ianrip thread starter macrumors 6502

ianrip

the Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable (1 m), from the website has a normal run of the mill USB end, so i don't really see a problem with plugging that into a iPad Air charger etc.