Finally! A Cool Looking Case that Serves its Purpose! Any Real User Reviews?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by VideoNewbie, Nov 5, 2011.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

i think this looks a lot better than the otterbox or speck toughskin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

does anyone have this case? does the white get dirty easily? is it a perfect fit for the 4s? (the reviews online are only for the 4)...the website says its compatible with the 4 & the 4s but judging from past experience that certainly isnt reliable

2. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

3. hizzaah macrumors 6502

with all those ridges, i'd imagine it'd collect dirt/dust/lint like crazy..

4. svtjackal macrumors member

Barf!!! Might as well get a piece of used tire and wrap it around and hide your sexy iPhone.:rolleyes:

5. MayBee macrumors 6502

LOL....it does look hideous...Is that even a word? hahaha. it does look like it was ran over by a tire LOL

6. thaghost macrumors 6502

agreed...what is up with all these fugly full body cases???:confused:

7. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I think it looks better than the Otterbox also. This is the first time I've seen it...

8. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

its called the gumdrop

----------

i think it looks cool ;P

can u show me a better looking case that has actual protection?

9. thaghost macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

10. takeshi74 macrumors 601

If you can't tell by the posts in this very thread, "better" is highly subjective. I doubt that the person your quoting will agree with you on what is or isn't "good looking" or "ugly".

11. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

so apple care will replace your damaged phone even if you damaged it yourself?

----------

irrelevant.
    i asked him to show me one that he thought was better.
    i am open to seeing other options.

12. thaghost macrumors 6502

I believe so. I know my best buy protection plan does.

13. Tulipo macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Have you seen the case mate Tank? Full protection. I think that one looks nicer.

14. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

OP - spend a minute on the Speck site viewing the CandyShell...then check the reviews. Good case, with the usual caveat...

15. brand macrumors 601

brand

AppleCare does not cover accidental damage.

AppleCare does not cover accidental damage, AppleCare+ does.

16. Prototypical macrumors 6502

Prototypical

You're going to replace the phone every time you scratch it? That's going to get expensive...

17. davidra macrumors 6502

18. iz2sick macrumors 6502

iz2sick

You sir are somewhat wrong. Apple Care Plus is all you can get. Apple got rid of the regular Apple Care at least for the iPhone 4S.

Contractually, it states that they will replace your damaged phone (consumer damage) twice for $50.

Now, I had this plan for my iPhone 3GS. I've had my headphone jack damaged from pocket use and it was replaced without question. It happened again with the replacement and they again gave me a new one without question at no cost to me.

If you do something like crack your screen, I'm sure they will charge you for that. But think about it... how much do those ultra protective cases cost? Some Otterboxes cost more than $50. You damage your phone once and pay $50 for a new replacement.

I think people without the Apple Care Plus plan should invest in those tank-like cases. If you have the plan, I'd just go with a normal case for now. There's a chance you won't even be charged for a replacement even if you damaged it yourself. Apple employees are cool like that.

By the way, the cases in the original post made me throw up in my mouth.

19. thaghost macrumors 6502

Hmmm no. That's where screen protectors and bumper help. If I drop it and it gets damaged pretty bad, then I'll get it replaced.

20. Prototypical macrumors 6502

Prototypical

Unless you're planning on putting the phone in an AppleCare box, I don't see how the phone is going to be protected from dings and scratches with AC+. Perhaps a suggestion of "bumpers and screen protectors" initially would have been more helpful.

21. thaghost macrumors 6502

What? The screen protector on the front and the protector on the back in addition to a bumper, will help protect it from MOST scratches and dings.