Finally! A good reason to use Entourage!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by danny_w, Sep 27, 2007.

1. danny_w macrumors 601

I use a Mac at home and Windows at work, and was wondering how to get my iPhone synced to my work (outlook) calendar as well as my Mac. Finally last night I tried setting up Entourage to access my work email via IMAP, and it also downloaded my calendar (I was not expecting this). So since I had my calendar, I decided to try syncing my iPhone to see if it worked, and sure enough I now have all of my work calendar entries. I had previously tried using mail.app to access my work email but it was dog slow and very unpredictable, so I deleted the account. Entourage is much faster and works much better for this particular account, but it did not work well with my .mac account, so I use mail.app for that. I will probably just leave Entourage up in the background all of the time to keep my calendars synced.

2. danny_w thread starter macrumors 601

UPDATE: Well, I guess I spoke too soon. The first time that Entourage got my mail, it also got my calendar. However, it has never updated the calendar since that time. It may be because I am using IMAP, since I don't know the LDAP setting for my exchange server in order to setup ActiveSync; I expect the calendar may get updated if I used AS instead of IMAP.