Finally a Mac/Pc to Iphone 4 video chat app

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bruceleroy, Aug 22, 2010.

1. bruceleroy macrumors member

bruceleroy

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Saw this as well.. Anyone else try it.. I am assuming you can chat from iphone to Mac/pc?

3. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

4. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

The website calls it Movicha and says it's available in the App Store, but it's not there when I looked. In Cydia the app is called iMovicha and is available for free.

Are these the same?

5. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

maybe it wasnt approved yet for the app store, but its in Cydia

6. saucy1360 macrumors regular

7. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i made two accounts, one for my phone and one for my mbp.. but both programs are showing that the other contact is offline :(

8. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I got it to work. If it shows offline just sign out and sign back in on both accounts. Here is a sample picture, the bigger image of me is my laptop camera and the smaller one is the iPhone front facing camera. It DOES work with multitasking.

EDIT: Just tested on 3g and it uses about 2mb per minute. I think I might make a one hour call right before the start of my new 2gb of data on ATT.

[​IMG]

9. woody88 macrumors member

tried installing. either the iphone4 version cannot sign on, or the desktop application cannot even quit properly. it is like working with alpha version, but worse than that even.

by far, the worst piece of software I have used for quite some time. stay away, and you've been warned. :(

10. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Would you care to explain your issues? I have had no issues with this yet.

11. woody88 macrumors member

ok, first i downloaded the app via cydia. no problem there. then I created the account online via desktop browser. can sign on with iP4, no problem. I then download the application for mac desktop, the download speed is at a measly 10kb/sec. way too slow in this day and age. need to get better hosting.

then after I finished downloading, installed the application and log in with the second ID I created; can log in, but cannot see the iP4 ID, even after accepting the invite. When trying to quit the desktop application, nothing happens, just hangs and hangs, and need to do force quit.

Signed off on iP4, and try to resign on, and it hangs, then it gives repeated log in error on network. Keep in mind, I am using iP4 via 3G and mac desktop via wifi.

that, along with the good old retarded graphics via the windows mobile phone days, I just had enough of it, and don't want to bother with it anymore. uninstalled from both platform and that is that. Good to know that some one was able to get it to work though. The software truly feels like it's in alpha stage. but only worse. YMMV.

12. chembox macrumors 6502a

Didn't bother as I couldn't even download the Desktop app.

13. Dizle macrumors 6502

Took forever to download the app but I got it working. It works but the quality is horrible I'd rather just call the person without facetime.

Hopefully someone comes out with one that works better