Finally a MBP owner! 2 Screens possible?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheStigger, Mar 7, 2010.

1. TheStigger macrumors newbie

TheStigger

Hi guys,

After having enough of waiting for the i5 or whatever to come out i took the plunge and bought a second hand 13" MBP from Ebay as a stop gap. What can i say, an amazing bit of kit. OSX is an absolute joy to use and theres no way im going back to Windows now. The multi touch function is a revelation when on couch browsing etc.

Although its something ill probably only commit to when i get a new 15 or 17 can you hook up two screens to it and use it like a clamshell or are you limited to just a single screen? Ideally id like to get 2 cinema displays.

Thanks and now i really know what all the fuss is about with Macs.

2. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

You'll only be able to hook up one external display... sorry. Depending on my mood, I use Extended Desktop Mode or just run it in Clamshell. Congrats on your new MBP!! Nice machine. Who knows what the new ones will be capable of...

3. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

I've seen people use three screens including the macbook's so it's possible. I don't know if he was using one of those dodgy usb video cards or similar though so maybe do some research into those.

4. deadjoe2002 macrumors member

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

No. It's for using a screen as large as a 30" monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1600.

The DualHead2Go and TripleHead2Go will most likely be what you're looking for, but you might not get that much of a resolution out of it.
    http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/