finally a way to reply to SMS without opening text app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hefeglass, Jul 8, 2009.

1. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

i have found the single best app for those of us with jailbroken iPhones!!
    iRealQuickSMS is an AWESOME app that you can download from cydia..which allows you to quickreply to any texts that you recieve...right in the same popup window where they are displayed! You can also send a text from any app as well! just push volume up (or you can set it for other methods of bringing it up) and touch the screen and the text message box pops up and you can type the name and message...it has landscape as well..

....this app requires a 4.99 euro activation...($7)...and its the only app from cydia that I have ever paid for. Money extremely well spent...
    i would have paid 10 bucks for it if it was in the appstore!

2. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

This is pretty old actually. iReal has had quick reply since last year I think.

I just bought Tlert. 2 bucks and it works better than iReal. Also comes with free updates unlike iReal. Plus it's account based, meaning it can be installed on up to 5 devices. iReal only allows one device.

3. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

You can also do that with BiteSMS and for cheaper I think.

4. hefeglass thread starter macrumors 6502a

bitesms requires a activation also...and it doesnt work with the existing sms app.
    ^^also, the old version you are referring to used to be a standalone app..now it works in conjunction with the SMS app.

im sure someone out there will benefit from this thread!

5. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

Yes the iRealQuickSMS is newer but it's been a function of iRealSMS for a long time. As I mentioned, I would recommend Tlert easily over iReal.

6. hefeglass thread starter macrumors 6502a

i just looked up tlert and there seems to be no way to send a sms without opening the app...and it also doesnt allow the option to call the person back instead of replying..
    it allows you to receive and respond to incoming SMS messages, but no ability to send them from whatever app you are currently using.
    thats a major benefit to irealquicksms..

the 2 dollar difference in price is definitely worth that huge feature to me...

7. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

BiteSMS is exactly like Apple's SMS app but with extra features. And it's a lot more stable than iRealSMS.

8. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Can we see a screenshot?

9. BMac702 macrumors regular

I wouldnt go that far. Ive had both and cannot say one is more stable than the other. I stuck with iReal and it never crashed or anything on me, it worked perfectly and has had more features and ata quicker pace than Bite. It seems Bite just waits for iReal to come up with something and then implements it. ireal FTW

10. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

Actually Tlert does both those things. When You receive a message,you can tap the message to quick reply. You can also close the message. You can tap and hold the message to call the sender as well. Again, all the features of iReal, better implemented and it was only 2 bucks.

Edit:
    Ah I misread your post. I actually emailed the dev about the send SMS anywhere function and I was told it would be coming in an update. I believe that's the only advantage of iReal right now.

11. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I gave up on iReal when I notified the developer of a few glaring bugs and UI glitches and after two months, and several updates, the bugs were still there. I never got a reply for them either.

Also BiteSMS's UI is a lot more pleasent and Apple-like, specially with their last update, and you can actually talk with the developers on their forum. Customer service and attention to detail for me counts a lot, both of which iRealSMS is seriously lacking.