Finally able to try on the Watch Sport at the Apple store

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Wreckus, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

I was finally able to go to the apple store at West Edmonton Mall and check out the Apple watch.

1) Immediately seeing the 38mm model, I knew it was too small (like others on the forums). Actually, it was smaller than I thought it would be.

2) the concierge or whatever they are were very nice and they set me up an appointment (lol about 2 min wait) to try on the 42mm SG sport model.

3) the sports band feels & looks much better than I thought it would and was very comfortable to wear. I have no issues wearing the sports band wherever I go.

4) Unlike others who may think that the aluminum feels cheap, I think the Sports model is very well built and no one should be ashamed for buying the sports model at all. I was pleasantly surprised how smooth the aluminum was as I thought it would have a rougher feel to it.

5) I played with the watch faces, UI, etc for a bit and it was much better and more enjoyable to use. My fingers aren't the smallest and I had absolutely no issues selecting apps in the apps screen. the UI was snappy and really responsive. What's really cool is that you can zoom in on app screen via the crown and if you can continue to use the crown to go into an app that you focus/centered on. I checked out some of the watch faces and I found the mickey mouse one fantastic as there was more mickey mouse animations than I thought there was. The other watch face that I liked was the utility one and I like how easy it is to customize the watch face.

My advice for those still deciding which size is this: If you haven't ordered yet, do yourself a favour and go to the apple store (if you can). Only you can decide watch size of watch is best for you. More importantly, you decide watch kind of watch band and colour you want..don't have someone else decide for you. If you like the white sports band, then get it. I can't stress it enough, don't have others (especially on apple forums) decide for you; you will be wearing it, not them.

I'm more excited than ever now to get my watch and a bit more relaxed that I got the 42mm model.

2. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

My sister in law wanted a sport version so we ordered one for her birthday. Glad to hear at least some people think it looks nice. I don't want to give Sis a gift seems cheap, even if she insisted it was her favorite. Enjoy your new watch when it arrives. Thanks for sharing your impressions.