Finally an iPad replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Ifti, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Ifti macrumors 68000

With the battery life now on par with that of the ipad, is the MBA finally a good ipad replacement for those who find the ipad a little restrictive and want a full OS?

2. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

Not necessarily. There are still a ton of situations where the iPad is ideal due to its formfactor, but the Air's additional battery is definitely a plus. It really comes down to what you are using the device for.

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

It definitely murk the picture. More batt for Air, More laptop-like App for the iPad.

4. milhouse994 macrumors regular

This was certainly a key factor in me buying one. I have a old 5 year old iMac which has been my main computer and an iPad2 which I originally bought as a portable solution. I love the iPad and it's great for consuming content (i.e.: watching video, surfing, reading emails etc) but it's not great for creating content. Whenever I travel and take it with me I always end up using a friends laptop for writing emails longer than a paragraph or two, sure I could buy a Bluetooth keyboard for it, but that kinda defeats the purpose.

The MBA is going to replace the iMac as my main computer but also be a great solution for travel. I'll still probably use the iPad for watching films on longs flights and for couch surfing (i'd like to even replace it with a iPad Mini for even greater portability) but the MBA will definitely take on more of the tasks I originally bought the iPad for.