Finally applied the Bodyguardz Full Body protection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zybersniper, Jan 18, 2013.

1. zybersniper macrumors member

After vacuuming the room and leaving the air purifier on high for an hour or so, I began applying my Bodyguardz full body protector for the Macbook Pro 13.

This is the HARDEST application I have ever done, as it is so huge. It's pretty hard not to get the protector sticking onto itself or dust not to get onto the protector.

It took me an hour just to align the top protector on top of the LCD as the slightest mis-alignment would make the protector to go off the edge of the lid. I ended up using the whole bottle of application solution (there were 2 included) just for the top piece as the humidity was pretty low too.

The side pieces were easily done, although one of the pieces required a little bit of trimming to fit.

The bottom was the most difficult one to apply as all the screws had to fit perfectly through the protector's cutouts. It was impossible not to get dust or lint onto the protector during application but its hard to notice unless I look real close. This application totally finished my second bottle of application solution so I was left was none to apply the protector around the keyboard. It's good that I still have a bottle or two left from the iPhone kits and was able to apply the one for the touchpad as well.

Despite this being the slimmest form of protection there is, I don't think I'd ever want to go through all that stress ever again unless there is some trick to the application process that I missed! Speck cases it is next time!

2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Ive done so many on MBPs, iPhones and iPads that they are cake lol.

Its just patience and repetition.

Also, I much prefer iCarbons.com over BodyGuardsz.

3. zybersniper thread starter macrumors member

I tried to align the Apple in the middle of the cutout first, should I have aligned the sides first?

4. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

5. zybersniper thread starter macrumors member

Mine was the clear ones so it's a bit harder given its easy to get dust and make it look bad and the iCarbons don't seem to need a liquid applicator.

But thanks for the videos, makes an interesting watch! :)

6. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Well thats still easy. I recommend doing this;

Wipe it cleanly
    Wipe it with a wet cloth, keeping it moist
    Take some duct tape and apply it to remove dust
    Wet the sticky side of the sticker
    Wet the laptop thoroughly, most people dont get it wet enough which allows for the sticker to be adjusted while applied and allows to pull back up if needed

7. spartacvs macrumors member

Pic or it didn't happen :)

8. zybersniper thread starter macrumors member

Now you know it did. ;)

Attached Files:

9. zybersniper thread starter macrumors member

More photos.

Attached Files:

10. zybersniper, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

zybersniper thread starter macrumors member

I used another protector around below the keyboard. It's in fact a sticker sort of protector I got for $4. It looks better than the glossy look of the Bodyguardz and I'm a bit skeptical on using a wet application around that area.

Just noticed in the photos that there is a mark near the upper right rubber foot of the protector and it's actually punctured! Oh well.... Let's see if it heals over time.

11. isephmusic macrumors 6502

i want to order the carbon but why do they put it on the track pad? what does that do for the feel and more importantly does it effect registry and sensitivity ? also these slim films are they enough to mess with the thing apple said not to put on your macbooks because it touches the screen ? theres a sticky right in this forum saying the space between the screen and keyboard is so small putting things on the space where you lay your hands will hurt the screen

12. zybersniper thread starter macrumors member

It doesn't really affect the sensitivity much. I put a protector on the trackpad as I was getting discoloration from frequent use and I don't want to scratch it. The sticky about the space between the keyboard and screen applies to Retina MBP only.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4384?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US