Finally Arrived!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by harry454, Nov 15, 2012.

1. harry454, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012

harry454 macrumors 6502

So my new Retina Macbook Pro finally arrived today!! I got the 2.6/16/512 version, and guess what. I opened it ran the display command and turned out to be a LG screen......BUT

I ran the imagine retention test twice, once for 15 minutes and then again for 20 minutes in two separate blocks, just to confirm I was right.

MY LG SCREEN IS PERFECT! No imagine retention, no dead pixels, nothing whatsoever.

Maybe LG finally figured out how to make these screens. Keep in mind mine was ordered on 31st of October and only shipped out on 13 of November and arrived today. It was a lot longer than I had expected. This machine is a customer relations replacement for my previous MBP from 2010.

So to everyone out there who is always afraid of reading these threads with people saying LG screens are terrible, keep in mind that only people who have the issues report them. I am happy to say mine is perfect.

On another note, installed the Speck Smartshell, along with a Moshi Palmguard, and Moshi clearguard keyboard protector. My screen closes perfectly fine and does not touch any of the products, theres no marks either when opening it back up.

All in all, I love it!! Any recommendations of Apps to check out etc?:D

2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

3. davidlv macrumors 65816

4. locoboi187 macrumors 6502a

"Leaving palm rest covers or other material on the palm rest surface of your computer could result in damage to the display when you close it."

Nothing about the keyboard area. Had a keyboard protector for 4 months now. Solid. I take it off sometimes when running intensive tasks because the keyboard helps with the airflow through the spaces between the aluminum and the keys.

And btw op, great job and hope you love the Mac. However, many have reported to have no IR until after months. My friend's never had it with the tests either but we still exchanged it just in case. Up to you. IR isnt really that noticeable anyway. Not a huge complaint for many.

5. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Not to rain your parade, but LG screens may show IR after weeks, or in some cases, months that gets progressively worse with time/usage!

Either way, congrats on your new machine :)

6. harry454 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies everyone! Yes I have read the sticky, there is adequate clearance, infact the Speck smart shells clips are more raised than the Moshi palm guard thickness itself!

I do have to say one thing though, Apple was correct about the new speakers.

These sound amazing, way louder and more clear than my previous MBP speakers!

I will keep a lookout in few weeks/months to see if it does indeed get IR :)

7. iScreamSanWitch macrumors member

Way to discourage the guy who managed to stare at his screen for an hour trying desperately to find something wrong with it lol..

8. harry454 thread starter macrumors 6502

I would also like to add that, it came with all the latest software updates installed, except Safari and iPhoto update.

It already had the new EFI installed as well as the recent graphics update. The build week is November 46 if anyone is curious, supposedly on Apple's Support forums, reports are also saying recent 44+ week displays have been coming in fine!

I can also confirm that I have no scroll lag. I have been using it for the past 9 hours or so, browsing, installing software, transferring data, etc.

:D:D:D:D

On another note, anyone got any discount codes for 1password?

9. SpitUK macrumors 6502