finally bit the bullet :)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by DSchwartz88, Jul 9, 2010.

1. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

and I couldn't be happier! Found an absolutely amazing deal on craigslist and went for it.

I am the proud new owner of a MacPro(4,1)

2.66 Quad Core Nehalem
    8GB RAM (2GB x 4)
    Dual nVidia GT 120's (these are both gonna be replaced a real video card when the new mac pro's come out and I have some new options)

As for storage it only has 1TB currently, but im gonna hook it up with a 160GB SSD for the OS and an 8TB RAID (eventually) using 4 x 2TB disks (gonna throw one in second optical bay).

Cant wait to put this machine to the test when I start actually working on it.

Just wanted to say im really happy to be part of the Mac Pro club :)

2. Durious macrumors 6502

3. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

4. Orange™ macrumors 6502

I'm sorry for your loss! :(

:confused::confused::confused:

Wait, this is a good thing! :):):D Congratulations on your new Mac Pro, it's cool that you can look past all the criticism on these boards.

5. DSchwartz88 thread starter macrumors 6502

aint no thing....this is a WORK machine. I needed to start working so I got a machine. I had been waiting since March dealing with my MBP but when I saw this deal I just took it.

Im not building a hackintosh because as much as I wanna save money, my time is worth WAY to much to be dealing with random errors and second guessing whether I can update to this patch, i got the Mac Pro cause i want OSX and stability.

If your a normal consumer, sure this was a stupid buy, cause the new ones are right around the corner, but this is a work machine, this is how I make my money, so in the end the 20% bump that the 2010's are gonna give isn't worth the added cost of waiting.

Plus I could just sell this one and upgrade once the 2010's come out....

6. abccba macrumors member

You must have an Economics or Business background :D

Love it! :D

7. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

I'd thought of building a hackintosh but for all these reasons I am not going to do so. I'm still Mac Pro waiting though...