Finally Bootcamped

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Scarpad, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

After owning my 21" Imac for a year I went ahead and installed Win 7 on it, it did'nt go as Smoothly as I planned the first go around the partitioning of the windows side hung. I went ahead and Reformatted my Drive, reinstalled Mountain Lion and then did the Bootcamping, this time it went thru and finished. It seems to all work well now, but it was hairy there for awhile.

Still in Mountain Lion , the restore app makes reinstalling alot easier than it is in Windows, any version.

2. 76ShovelHead macrumors 6502a

76ShovelHead

I have yet to use Time Machine to restore or migrate. I might though, I have a iBook coming in the mail hopefully today. But... Why install W7?

3. Scarpad thread starter macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Because for what I want to use it for, mainly accessing Steam and PC Games theres no reason to do 8.

4. 76ShovelHead macrumors 6502a

76ShovelHead

Ahh okay.. Though I should have clarified why install Windows at all :D haha jk.

I have a Windows 8 dual boot to run the Sims 3 and GTA IV (even though I have it on PS3, I prefer GTA IV on PC).

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I bootcamped my 2010 MBP for the first time yesterday and basically I'm using it to run emulators of vintage consoles. :D