[Finally] Bought a Wii!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Azmodon, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Azmodon macrumors member

I was finally able to find the freakin' thing in stores >.< Picked up a copy of Metroid Prime 3 and Zelda. ^^ I r happy puppy, to say the least.

I really can't wait for MySims. That game looks great.

2. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Congrats! You're going to love it!

I put nearly 80 hours of play time in to Zelda, but I haven't played MP:C yet. My birthday is this Monday and I'm pretty sure this is my gift because my wife has forbidden me from buying it. ;)

MySims does indeed look good, but when you say you "can't wait" for it do you mean you "can't wait" to buy it or you "can't wait" for it to be released? I only ask because it was released last Tuesday. :)

3. Azmodon thread starter macrumors member

My goodness, I was on gamespot just now and I saw that. :O Well, when I was at BB earlier buying the Wii I didn't see it, so I had assumed it wasn't released... and unfortunately the game has recieved some, eh, mediocre reviews. :-/ Oh well. I'm only 40 minutes into MP:C and I love it. It's taking a while to get used to the control system though. I'm used to MP1 and MP2 lock-on mechanism (namely, how easy it made the game). Now you have to aim! Geezus.

I'm wary of playing Zelda yet until I finish Bioshock. Don't need my attention diverted from one story-rich game to another. :p

What I find fun is just the Wii itself. I'm gonna set up the wii shopping account thingie (I guess it's Nintendo's own 'iTunes-esque' system?) and get the Opera browser. After that I'm going to investigate the picture channel. You'd think if the Wii can use wireless networks then it can receive information like images via that connection as well. Nothing against SD cards, but it would save me a trip to the store to just transfer over some images that way.

But yeah, I love this thing. I debated between buying a new iPod (since mine died) or a Wii, and, nothing against Apple, I'm happy with my purchase. ^^

Ooh, I remember seeing MP:C footage up on the WiiWare thingie. Think Nintendo is gonna set up a demo service? I think it'd be fun.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Congrats!

You should look into either WarioWare or Excite Truck for mindless fun. Can't have too many adventure games! :eek:

5. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

MySims has received some mediocre reviews, but from the reviews I've read it's only lacking in the social aspect of previous Sims games. MySims seems to be a cross between The Sims and Animal Crossing, so if you liked Animal Crossing then you'll most likely enjoy MySims.

I plan on getting it for my wife at some point. I think she'll really enjoy it because she likes The Sims, and loves Animal Crossing.

You're right, wait until you're done with BioShock before you delve in to Zelda.

Virtual Console games are a blast! All the games I've purchased have been games that I had on my Super NES. It's so much fun to play them again after all these years. So many memories!

As for the pictures thing, I haven't played with it much but I don't think you can send pictures over wireless. I may be wrong, and if I am I'm sure someone will correct me, but I'm pretty sure you need the SD card.

It would be awesome if they started a Demo service, but I'm not going to hold my breath. If they keep doing preview videos like they did with MP:C I'll be happy. Yeah, you can see those videos online, but it's more fun to have the preview right there on the Wii. ;)

And like jimmi said, Excite Truck is an absolute blast! Definitely pick that up sometime if it's in your budget.

Enjoy! :)

6. Azmodon thread starter macrumors member

Have you played Super Paper Mario? I figure a platformer is in order. :O

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I like my Wii, I hope you enjoy playing with yours... :eek:

8. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I haven't played Super Paper Mario yet. The only reason why I haven't is because I know I'll like it so I don't want to waste the money renting it when I know I'll just buy it. I just haven't gotten around to picking it up yet.

I played with my friend's Wii once. It was fun, but kind of awkward. :eek:

9. Azmodon thread starter macrumors member

Sometimes, I think about two guys playing with their Wiis, and then I play with my own Wii...

omg MP:C is getting good. I remember everyone pitching a fit that the Wii only supported 480p or i or whatever, but I don't really care - I think it looks good.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's all a myth :) course 480p/576i content can look good. It's what TV has been broadcast in for years! The resolution just isn't as high as other systems is all.

And to echo other folk - get some Virtual Console games! There's a huge number of them now. My faves being the Mega Drive and early Nintendo platformers :cool:

11. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Wow.

You win.

12. Azmodon thread starter macrumors member

Hm. VC intrigues me. Guess I shouldn't hold my breath for Perfect Dark to pop on it though. *sigh* Damn you Rare. :mad: