Finally bought MBP 13 inch and I am a happy camper...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by seanmaru, May 20, 2010.

1. seanmaru macrumors newbie

I have to say I am loving this machine. I have used macs for work off and on for several years but this is my first "personal" machine. I am using it for music, video and web design. I am very impressed with the overall design of this thing. I am glad I waited (for the 4 gb ram and 250 hd).

s

2. AndrewCjDuong macrumors member

I got mine in March just before the update and wasn't able to return it :( but I have no problems with mine. It's perfectly fine and I love it. I don't game so no point in high end graphics card. I just wish I got the 10hr battery... I'm only getting 3:30hr or so even though its suppose to do 7.

3. johnnymg macrumors 65816

johnnymg

Calibrate the battery and you will see a much bigger #.

4. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

Are you using your computer in conditions comparable to the ones apple said they were testing that particular battery in? If you are and you are getting half the battery length you are supposed to they may replace it for you (the battery). Also have you calibrated it?

5. issiciby macrumors newbie

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

7. rwcooper macrumors newbie

To calibrate your battery you charge it fully, then let it run down to about 5%, and then charge it fully again. Apple has instructions on doing this which you should be able to find by searching the internet. I believe there may be additional steps I have missed here.

8. AndrewCjDuong macrumors member

Ive never calibrated it. WiFi is on and screen brightness is around 75% and it'll last at the most 3 hrs with msn and firefox and tweetdeck running. once i play music it drops to like 2:30.

9. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Remember everything thing you do uses power so if you do things like turn down the screen brightness that will increase battery life, turn off Airport when you don't need it that will increase battery life and turn of Bluetooth if you don't need it. These little things in addition to calibrating your battery will get you longer times on your battery.

Regards,

Roger

10. AndrewCjDuong macrumors member

Im sure it does but common. 3 hrs? Even at 50% brightness i'll get 3:20. I've never had it show 4 hrs before unless the backlight was off and nothing was running. I don't usually run my laptop on battery anyways. It's always connected to an external 26" monitor which is why ive never bothered calibrating it. i'll do it tonight tho. see how it works out.

11. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

12. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

coolbreeze

Clickbait topic.

Enjoy your machine. Got one from Amazon for my wife and she said "craigslist our PCs..."

Resolution is way too elementary for me, however. 17" is my machine.

13. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

14. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

15. seanmaru thread starter macrumors newbie

Funny. I had never heard the term "click bait". In any case, I updated the title to be less vague. I know the post was pointless but, what can I say, I am really happy with my purchase (after reading this forum for months waiting on the update). I just wanted to share the joy and ad .02 to anyone who is debating whether or not to save a few buck and by the old model or get the new one...