Finally. Chaos Rings is out..

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MadGoat, Apr 20, 2010.

1. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

But it costs $13. I was hoping around the $7 mark, but this is double what I want to pay for a game

2. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I'm hoping they make this and the first two Final Fantasy games universal apps. I'd love to play them optimized for the iPad. Also I would think that the Final Fantasy name would command a higher price than a new game. I have some games to keep me busy while I wait for a price drop.

3. diesel macrumors 6502a

yet a fraction of what you would pay for such a game on the psp or gameboy.

4. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Price isn't an issue for me... I'm more concerned to know if Square-Enix plans on either updating the existing Final Fantasy ports and Chaos Rings to a universal iPhone/iPad build, or if they will be releasing separate iPad-optimized versions in the future. While I don't have an iPad (yet), I think I'd rather play these games on the iPad without the current resolution doubling.

That said, I'll probably break down and buy this title when I get home from work tonight.

5. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

They better just release a universal version. I'm not paying another $12 for the game on iPad. Having said that, the doubling works fine...looks like SNES. I'm playing both characters one on each (iPhone & iPad).

6. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

I really enjoy the game on my iPad, pixel doubling is forgotten after a few minutes. I go to 1x during cut scenes.

I do hope they make a HD version but I doubt it will be universal. I hope so though.

7. BobRichards macrumors regular

bought it along with final fantasy 1 and 2. thanks for posting this