Finally Decided to Get it... Refurbished 2.4GHz MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by griffo, Dec 27, 2007.

1. griffo macrumors newbie

griffo

Well, I decided to pull the trigger and get the 2.4 GHz refurbished model for $2,100. My main computer was freezing for some reason (it's Winbloze... go figure) and my iBook is slowing way down because I was stupid and put Leopard on it.

Anyways, what should I do once I get it. What tests should I run and so on.

Thanks,

Griffo.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. griffo thread starter macrumors newbie

griffo

4. Josheua macrumors regular

I too got a refurbished macbook pro. Came to me in great condition, works beautifully and I absolutely love it. There was no cosmetic damage, the only thing I have a gripe about is it seems my battery health is reducing quickly. I will take it to the apple store to ask them about it (I tried to calibrate it but it seemed to only weaken it)

Anyways, The only thing I would suggest doing is possibly using handbrake to encode a movie or two(after ripping them to the computer using Mac The Ripper) as this will heat up the processor and give a taste of how hot the computer might get under complex tasks.

Hope this helps.

-Josh

5. griffo thread starter macrumors newbie

griffo

Josheua (or anyone else who bought a RFB MBP), I'm just curious but did you have a choice of glossy or matte? If not what did you end up with? I asked my father who ordered it and he said he had no choice of the screen type. I'm hoping I get matte but it's not that big of a deal.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Glossy and matte are in stock right now.

Attached Files:

• mbp.png
      mbp.png
      File size:
      76.5 KB
      Views:
  7. heatmiser macrumors 68020

The choice is right there on the refurb page. If it said glossy in the description, you ordered a glossy. If it didn't, you ordered a matte.

You can see it right now @ the store:
    It's the same machine, except for the screen coating. The one you selected determines the one you'll get.

8. bijou macrumors regular

bijou

Enjoy your new MBP, and the extra savings you gained by purchasing a refurb. Smart move!:D

9. griffo thread starter macrumors newbie

griffo

It was ordered off this page.

I can't find Matte or Glossy anywhere on that page. :confused:

Edit: So... since it doesn't say glossy, it's matte? Sorry to sound like such an idiot.

10. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Yes; if it doesn't say glossy, it's matte :^)

11. griffo thread starter macrumors newbie

griffo

Well, thank you guys for the input/help. :)

Can't wait 'til it arrives! :D

12. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Start it up and use it. That's all the testing you'll need.
    Congratulations.

13. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Wow, $2100 is dirt cheap for a 2.4GHz MBP. I paid like $3000 for mine (UK rip off price).

14. cubedweller macrumors 6502

Just got the same thing :) I absolutely love it. From now on I will always go with a refurbished Apple product over a new one if given the choice.

15. Osprey macrumors 6502

Congratulations and enjoy. They really are incredible. I have had mine for about five months and I just can't seem to get over being surprised by how fast it boots up each time I turn it on.

16. hughyboy101 macrumors newbie

You might want to consider getting a new battery since that battery might have been used a many a times before :)
    Hope this helps.

17. CoryBoyUSA macrumors member

A few months ago, I ordered the 15" matte 2.4Ghz MBP from the refurb store, and I absolutely love it. The price was great (ok, my boss actually bought it for me ... nice bonus, eh?), and it works wonderfully. Hopefully you'll enjoy yours just as much.

By the way, just yesterday, Fry's was selling 2GB sticks of Patriot notebook memory for $39 each. So, if you have a Fry's store nearby and can go while the sale's on, that's a heckuva cheap way to upgrade your new MBP to 4GB of RAM.

18. bntz313 macrumors 6502

19. Sean9689 macrumors member

Just got my refurbed 2.2GHz MBP last Tuesday and I love it! I've always been a PC guy my entire life and I'm glad I made the switch. It's hard using the PC I have at work now...

20. cafeCarl macrumors newbie

I'm glad to hear positive things about refurb units. I'm thinking about getting one myself and didn't know if I should take the chance.