Finally decided to get one!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kockgunner, Jun 14, 2008.

1. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

After lurking in the forums for months, I finally decided to stop waiting and ordered a Macbook Pro. I usually like to get the newest stuff so I was surprised at my move. I guess what pushed me off the fence was when my uncle brought his MBP to my house to encode videos. Then I realised just how beautiful the machine is and that I am happy with the current design (I was one of those waiting for a new design). I also saved $200 with my Education discount and got the free iPod touch and Canon MP470 printer. I had a touch already, but decided to keep the new one and give my old one to one of my siblings (undecided). Now I'm waiting for my MBP to arrive. Anyone else get the Education discount and free stuff?

2. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Nope. Nobody else is taking advantage of the deal. Apple has done it just for you. :cool::D

You won't be disappointed with any of what you ordered. I did the same a couple years ago and nothing but A1 remarks about Apple since then.

3. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

I think I'm gonna wait for an aluminium macbook since I don't need a pro

I also don't need an ipod touch or nano since I might get an iPhone next month

4. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Well, the aluminum is just speculation. And typically Apple doesn't update the line in the middle of the back to school special, it's usually right after it ends in the fall IIRC. :)

5. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

what made you so sure that it's going to be an aluminum macbook? and not GOLD? or Silver or better yet Platinum.
    kidding aside.. all these are speculations..
    so unless you have some hard facts to back your reason for waiting for something that may or may not come.. better think twice!

seriously, having an alumninum/ silver colored macbook will make distort the current distinction between an MB and an MBP.
    i don't believe it will happen at all..
    unless they change the case of the MBP the same time they make the MB aluminum:apple:

6. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

You'll probably be waiting for a long time. I have a feeling that Apple isn't going to want to blur the lines between the MacBook and the MacBook Pro. I would love to either have a smaller MBP or an aluminum MB, but I doubt it will happen.

7. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I'll be using the NHS Dicount when i get mine (Same as Edu) And i'll be getting the free printer, but no iPod, as that deal isnt in the Uk yet :(

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I didn't get the printer; I already have a Xerox 6350DP and a Canon i9900 for my printing needs.

I did get the 16GB touch which my father said he wanted... (I wouldn't have gone for the 16GB either if he didn't because I already have a 160GB Classic... :rolleyes:). Well he might not want it now, so I might go back and upgrade to the 32GB... :D

It might also blur the difference between the Macbook Air and the Macbook; I'm sure Apple doesn't want new buyer to think the Macbook is the better and faster version of the Macbook Air!

9. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

The aluminum chassis used in the MBP is more expensive and so I don't see any reason why Apple would even be considering using the 'premium' casing on their more budget orientated consumer grade laptop.

10. kockgunner thread starter macrumors 68000

kockgunner

you should've gotten the printer and sold it. that was what i was planning to do with my ipod and printer but when they arrived, i just had to open those boxes! you need to cut the boxes to get the UPC codes for the rebates anyway.

i'm also curious what apple will do in the future to differentiate their notebooks. i'm sure they do though or else they wouldn't have released the macbook air at macworld (unless it was just for the sake of releasing something). i hope apple doesn't paint themselves into a corner.