Finally did it!! (ordered mid range MBP)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Harryt223, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Harryt223 macrumors member

Well I've never used macs before and I guess.. I never liked them.. because I never used to.. eg. assumed they weren't that good.
    I've been a PC user for over 15 yrs now. I tried the mac once and hated it.. those were the very old macs.

I'm in college and we are using the newer iMac's etc.. and use Final Cut Pro. So I needed to buy a mac and decided to get a macbookpro. Thanks to the people, who saved me earlier and told me to hold off till this week for the new MBP's.

So I just ordered one the mid range MBP. I really hope it's worth it in the end. I'll be using it for video editing, graphic editing and surfing the web. I got it for a student discount at $2400, however tax sucks here and it was an extra $288 worth of tax so roughly $2700 CDN.

So I REALLY REALLY hope it's worth it.. though this is my 1st laptop and mac PC. I just thought I'd post anyways, even though it might be a boring read.. I guess I'm some what excited and/or a bit nervous... :D:eek:

2. cobbe1 macrumors member

cobbe1

No worry

Now that you can run Windows on the Mac, either by virtualization or bootcamp, you are technically getting TWO laptops for the price of one.

3. Harryt223 thread starter macrumors member

hmmm.. didn't know that.. but I think I'll be fine with just the mac OS.. since programs like photoshop are also there for macs.. :D

I just hope it was worth the $2600 and will last me for college and maybe a bit longer.. I don't plan on using it other than video editing.. I have my home win pc for most other uses.

The main reason I got the mac was because of Final Cut Pro.... since there is no version for the win/pc.