finally dual booted. quick questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by isephmusic, Nov 13, 2013.

1. isephmusic macrumors 6502

i have my macbook with 512 ssd split to give windows 55gb. is there a chance for me to ever increase this limit ? or will i have to repartition all over again?

also it keeps booting into windows by default. how do i change it to go to my os x by default ?

lastly a hard drive icon is on my desktop with windows files ? can i get rid of this or hide it somehow ... :confused:

thanks

2. SVT Amateur macrumors 6502

1. To use Disk Utility you will have to repartition, which means deleting your Boot Camp drive and then running Boot Camp again and reinstalling Windows. There are alternative programs out there, like Camptune X, to resize the partition without losing your Windows installation, but they usually cost money.
    2. Go to System Preferences, then click on Startup Disk. Select your Macintosh HD as your startup disk.
    3. Go to Preferences in Finder and uncheck the Hard disks option in General.

3. isephmusic thread starter macrumors 6502

i want my mac HD to show just not this untilited windows one . can i rename it ? and how do i hide it from the desktop but still allow the mac hd to appear ?

thanks for the other 2 answers !

4. harmonium macrumors newbie

If you rename the Windows drive with a period '.' as its prefix it should disappear from your desktop in OS X.

5. tomtom101 macrumors regular

Quick question - is there any way to have a common drive between windows and OS X? just so I can share music and stuff between partitions?