Finally found a cheap 10ft cable that works!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by OvOHaak, Jun 1, 2014.

1. OvOHaak macrumors newbie

OvOHaak

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I've decided I'd start off with a review!

[​IMG]

The cable that comes with the iPhone 5s is too short for me, it's just out of reach of my bed, inconvenient to charge at my desktop as it's about 5 feet length to the back of my PC.. so I needed a 10ft iPhone cable, I can't deal with USB extension cables, I needed a full solid cable.

On eBay there are tons for like $7 or $8, so I went ahead and purchased one from a seller with 99% positive feedback, the cable arrived and lasted 3 days. Not only did it charge at about 1/3 Apple's cables speed, but after the 3 days it had the error saying the cable is not functional with my device.

I went and purchased from another seller.. literally the same exact thing..

Decided to give up because after reading reviews I could only find cables that actually work.. for about $30... so I just gave up.

About a month or so ago, I came across Versai on twitter, it's this small website that sells 10ft iPhone cables for $10 so I decided to go for it, and the cables work PERFECT. I've now ordered 3 from them for myself and family and after a month of constant usage I've had literally no problems with them.. the cables charge at the same speed as Apple's cables, and I've had no issues with functionality. Shipping was fast too..

Just thought I'd leave a review because it's not worth wasting your time and money on crappy eBay cables.. wasted my money and time.. and since I'm new here, thought I'd make my first post a positive one and one that can help others out :)

Their website is www.VersaiShop.com and when I purchased mine a month ago they were $9.99

2. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

3. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Either use a usb extension that costs $2 or Tech Armor which has lifetime warranty and costs around $14. No need for anything else. Non-certified cables are garbage.

4. OvOHaak thread starter macrumors newbie

OvOHaak

Understand what both of you are saying :) Just thought I'd leave a review because I personally prefer a solid cable rather than an extension, and tech armor is $15 for 6 feet.

I do understand what you both are saying, I just found cables that have surprised me over the past couple months and decided to share where I got them :)

5. HRPufnstuf macrumors member

Completely agree.

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Same here.

7. Knockworstface macrumors regular

Knockworstface

8. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

They do have a longer cable. I bought one at best buy and it's from apple. I believe it's 6ft

9. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

10. berthaconners macrumors member