Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Off topic - is there a way to edit a poll after you've created it?

----------

In my experience, the mail app on iOS is not capable of deleting gmails. Even if you turn off the settings for archive, when you delete it still archives. This is why when I archive or delete unread messages, sometimes will will end up coming back to my mail app inbox eventually. I haven't used any email app that is perfect for gmail expect the gmail app(lastest updated) itself. Like someone else mentioned, too bad the gmail app doesn't allow other mail services.

But I do agree with you that the stock email android app should have been made to handle this from the beginning. With any other email service, the email app is pretty flawless especially now that it auto fits instead of being zoomed in.

I delete my gmails from my iPhone.....no idea why yours sticks on archive.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Go to your gmail on your browser. Everything you think you deleted is probably still there.

No....its gone. Also gone from all my other devices with my gmail on them.

Yup, same here, I delete them using Mail on my iPad and they're gone. Checked using my HTC One and via browser to verify.

I have to be honest though, I have accidentally hit the archive button on the Gmail client on my HTC One and it disappears from my inbox. Where exactly do archived messages go? I don't see a separate label/folder for them.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
Is that setup push/exchange or pull? And did you check the "All Mail" folder?

Push doesn't work on ios mail anymore for gmail. No more exchange support.

All mail contains everything including your trash folder by the way. The emails I delete on my pc also show up in "all mail".

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Push doesn't work on ios mail anymore for gmail. No more exchange support.

All mail contains everything including your trash folder by the way. The emails I delete on my pc also show up in "all mail".

It does still work if you already had your device setup for it. Will not work on a new device. I'm still using Push on my iPad2.

All Mail folder does not include emails that are in the Trash folder. I just checked to verify.

purplekush604

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2011
Just got the s4 yesterday and HATE the mail app!!!! What app has the same features and interface? Would you prefer aqua mail or maildroid?

Thanks

appledes7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Just got the s4 yesterday and HATE the mail app!!!! What app has the same features and interface? Would you prefer aqua mail or maildroid?

Thanks

I'm all K9 at the moment. But I've used aqua mail too. Both offer good feature sets.

purplekush604

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2011
I'm all K9 at the moment. But I've used aqua mail too. Both offer good feature sets.

Thanks, I have a lot of folders in my mailbox, and are any of the apps on adrioid similar to the iphone native mail app where you can view all folders anytime? i have 4 different email accounts.

thanks

appledes7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Thanks, I have a lot of folders in my mailbox, and are any of the apps on adrioid similar to the iphone native mail app where you can view all folders anytime? i have 4 different email accounts.

thanks

View all your folders for every account at once or all folders for each individual account?

purplekush604

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2011
View all your folders for every account at once or all folders for each individual account?

Im somewhat confused. I just like the process on the iphone. Like how i can view all inboxes, or view each account individually, and even see the subfolders that i crated myself. Hope that is somewhat clearer.

thanks

appledes7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Im somewhat confused. I just like the process on the iphone. Like how i can view all inboxes, or view each account individually, and even see the subfolders that i crated myself. Hope that is somewhat clearer.

thanks

Ok. K9 and AquaMail can both perform those functions. Just the design will be different. But yes, they can both show you a combined inbox as well as user-created folders per account.

purplekush604

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2011
I haven't used all email apps on Android, but obviously K9 and Aquamail support it, otherwise I wouldn't be talking about them so much on this thread ;)

Thanks will give both a try. Which in youre opinion has better push/email retreiving? I usually turned off push on my iphone and set it at 15min intervals

GR33NIE

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
UK
I'm hoping the default mail app is something they update in KitKat. It's ok but coming from iOS too... the experience is certainly not as good!

Will give Aqua Mail a look though :)

appledes7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Thanks will give both a try. Which in youre opinion has better push/email retreiving? I usually turned off push on my iphone and set it at 15min intervals

I have had some issues with aqua mail in the past in relation to notifications. So I'd say try K9 first, plus it's free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.