iPhone Finally found my perfect 7.1.2 setup

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Zorn, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

So with today's release of the beta for Convergance Lite, I have finally found my perfect setup on JB 7.1.2. I don't do themes, since I tend to prefer a more minimalistic and somewhat stock look. Here's what I have installed:

• Convergance Lite: Cleans up the lock screen & notifications. Very similar to PriorityHub, but not abandoned & doesn't crash like crazy.
    • Auki: Quickreply and SMS contact photos
    • TinyBar: Shrink down the huge iOS 7 notification bar
    • TypeStatus: See if a contact is typing a message to you when you don't have Message.app open
    • Springtomize 3: Mainly for resizing my icons so they aren't old lady huge
    • Forecast: I like weather info on the lock screen and am a fan of the live animations
    • Notific8: Bring sanity to Notification Center in iOS 8 style
    • Alkaline: Theme the battery icon
    • Adblocker/AdBlockerNetworks: Ads are suck
    • Bytafont: NeutraFaceSC is my favorite system font

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Very nice setup! I like that style.
    I'd only go with, classic dock to give your appearance just a tad more sophistication.

3. Zorn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll play around with it and see if it sticks for me =)

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm going to refrain from posting screenshots of my setup because by now most everyone here knows what it looks like anyway.

I'll just say this though. I'm not a fan of multiple app icons on the screen. Lots of people seem to make it a personal mission to fill their screen with app icons. What's the point of wallpaper if all you do is cover it up?

That said, I am a big fan of black, so I am loving how you used it here. The stark austerity of your screen looks good. It's not my particular cup of tea, but I can appreciate the care you've taking in constructing it.

5. Zorn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Well it happens to be black because the weather is fairly clear right now & it's nighttime. If it were sunny, or very cloudy, or raining, the background would represent that. For me, I dislike having a million pages to get to my apps and care less about the photo on the background. Personal preference thing I guess.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yes, that's what's great about the iPhone. And with jailbreaking we can all make it to our own personal tastes.

I didn't mean to sound catty or anything. I like your look here. It's simple and you aren't cramming icons into every available space. I can appreciate that.

7. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Adblocker? Go with Weblock from the AppStore. I think it's free still

8. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

do you know how Weblock works? Isn't the app sandboxed?

9. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

It appears to just be a proxy that you add to your wifi network similar to privoxy. Won't work when on your carrier plan. So it's not really comparable to ad block or a modified hosts file imo.

10. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

What he said. But I'm almost always on a wifi connection so it's easier for me. Most custom hosts files cause lag for me