Finally found the perfect iPhone 5 case - Knomo Open Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dabbler, Mar 1, 2013.

1. dabbler macrumors member

Finally ive found the perfect (perfect for me) iPhone 5 case!

Ive been buying numerous case's, none of them come close to this one. It needed to be:

-Slim, very little added bulk.
    -Protect all sides and chamfered edges (inc top and bottom - it was hard to find a case that did this)
    -Hard to scratch - not a shiny plastic
    -No front lip covering the screen
    -Something a bit different and classy about it - not just the run of the mill upvc or plastic case's.

I was in House of Fraiser (a department store in the UK) and saw this case made by London leather goods company Knomo. Its called the open case and costs £35. Basically its a hard plastic shell with side, top, bottom edge protection, with a matte black finish. It has a nice cutout in the back with real leather in a burnt organe colour. Fits perfectly, little added bulk and looks just that little bit different to the norm.

Ive never been so happy with a case, here are some pictures (click for larger version)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DEG1 macrumors member

Very nice! If I were in the market for a case, I'd definitely try to look at that one. Wonder if it's available in the US?

3. dabbler thread starter macrumors member

4. DEG1 macrumors member

Thanks. Good to know.

5. peresz macrumors newbie

my question is how much more harder are the volume and on/on buttons needs to be pushed with the case on? have they become more responsive with time? and also does the case have a front "lip" sticking out so when you lay the phone flat on the table screen down, it would be touching the bumper and not the screen? cant tell from the photos
    thanks

6. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

With the thread title I was prepared to fire up some creative criticism, but it actually looks rather nice. The shape of the leather is very nice.