Finally getting an iPhone: Some questions for iPhone users

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rocknblogger, Oct 4, 2011.

1. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

So now that Sprint will finally have the iPhone I have a couple questions.

I'm heavily invested in Google Apps, everything from Google Apps for business to email, docs, and Google Voice. On my phone I rely a lot on Google Navigation too.

What is your best advice when migrating to iPhone? I use Google Voice with my Sprint number too. As far as I know there really aren't many native Google Apps apps for iOS, like Google Voice (At least last time I checked). Aside from Google Mail are there any issues or problems I should know about?

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated. Currently everything just works on my EVO 4G and I want to have a smooth transition.

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

There are apps available that work with most Google services and adding your Gmail will bring in all of your contacts.

I've had an iPad 2, with my Evo for a few months, now. I didn't want to lose access to my stuff in Google, either. I'm also switching to the iPhone.

On warning, double check your Android apps to see what types of backups they do, if there's any data in an Android specific app that you need to keep, those files may not be compatible with the iOS app. I found that out the hard way with a few databases. Even though I exported them and set them to be saved as Google docs, I couldn't import them into apps on iOS, even though I tried several. Something just wasn't compatible.

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

4. rocknblogger thread starter macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Thanks Verwon I appreciate the help. I'm wondering if Google Voice will be a problem. Google works closely with Sprint so that users can use either their Google Voice number or their Sprint number. I wonder if it will work the same way with the iPhone??

5. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I have done this personally, the best way to go about it is using the Google Voice iOS app.