Finally getting an iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JohnnySon, Sep 10, 2011.

1. JohnnySon macrumors newbie

Hey Macrumors. Since late 2009 i've been using android phones ever since. For a little while it was pretty nice. But lately i've just gotten so tired of all the issues and problems. Like in may i got the Thunderbolt. It's just a 4g wreck. For the past week i havent been able to get 4g anywhere near my home.

So, i'm trading it for a white iPhone 4 on Verizon ^^. i have a broken itouch 4g so i wont have to repair it. I've heard that the battery on the iphone 4 is great. is this true? and those of you who have the verizon iPhone, how are the 3G speeds? Are you satisfied?

I'm glad to finally be on the Apple bandwagon and look forward to meeting and talkin to y'all ^^:apple:

2. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Edit: Nvm saw you got it in May. Yes battery life is amazing on iPhone in most scenarios. I can go days without a charge while moderately using my phone

3. JohnnySon thread starter macrumors newbie

Great! With the thunderbolt it barely lasts 9 hours on some days >.>

4. aohus macrumors 68000

this is why android is doomed for failure.

5. lionqueen macrumors 6502

No desire to wait a bit longer and get an iphone 5? :)

6. JohnnySon thread starter macrumors newbie

Meh. An iPhone is an iPhone. Besides , I really like the iPhone 4 hardware.

7. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

It's still better to wait because when the 5 gets released, the 4 will drop in price.

8. JohnnySon thread starter macrumors newbie

My upgrade is next year so ill get the iPhone 6 with LTE(hopefully ^^) and what I like about iPhone is that they don't go obsolete after a month.. it'll last me until next year :p

9. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

If he got the Thunderbolt through Verizon, my guess is he exchanged it for the iPhone 4. Therefore he couldn't wait longer than like 14 days to make his decision.

That's just a guess though

10. JohnnySon thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope I have no exchange period. I got the tb in may and I'm using Craigslist to get the iPhone.

11. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Then in that case, wait until the iP5 launch because the craigslist market will be flooded with iphone 4 owners dumping their phone to get the iPhone 5

12. bmw3wags macrumors member

I actually got the the thunderbolt on launch day and went through 5 of them(hardware issues) that I ended up trading it for a iPhone 4 also back in late may and have never looked back it's nice not having to worry about battery life.

13. Liquinn Suspended

Hmm, I see. Who would buy an iPhone 4 when the iPhone 5/6 is out though?

14. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

The same people who are still making the 3GS the second most popular phone model being sold right now.

15. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

In any case - right now I would wait for the next version and see what Apple releases in October.

16. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

If it is working out great for you and you don't need anything more out of the iPhone 4, then don't let people make you second guess your decision to buy the iPhone 4. It's not like it's a bad or obsolete phone. Plus when IOS 5 is released it'll be even better. So just enjoy your new phone and welcome to the Apple club :)

17. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Well, now you'll spend time actually using a smart phone and less time tweaking the UI and the weather widgets and bragging about specs. iPhone users USE their smart phones and Android user TWEAK their phones and brag about how many platforms it's on. Just like Windows users versus Mac users.