Finally getting my first iphone - but PAYG?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lindat, May 14, 2010.

1. Lindat macrumors member

I have longed for an iphone ever since they were invented! I have finally decided to buy one. I have purchased an unlocked one via ebay so that I can just use my PAYG sim card. It is a 32gb 3GS. BUT, and this is a big but, have I made a mistake? Would I have been better getting it through a phone provider on some sort of plan? Will using it with my PAYG sim mean that a lot of the features I have on the 3GS will not work? For example, I recently purchased the NDrive app for UK and Ireland. I guess that will not work unless I am in a wi-fi zone, and that is no good on a motorway anyway! Big error I think!! Can anyone help? Also, if I do go into a phone provider and ask to be put on a plan, how do I know when I've used up all the free data allowance and move into extra charges time? I am totally green in this area as I've never had a phone plan, always gone for PAYG and it has only just dawned on me that with such a great phone actually I may have made a big mistake. Any advice?

2. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Attached Files:

3. Lindat thread starter macrumors member

Ok, that one was just off the top of my head as an example, but looks like I'll be ok with that. But what about other things? Will I be at any disadvantage having pay as you go for anything at all? Will I be compromising my phone's capabilities?