Finally got a "good" Apple Bluetooth Headset

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by crazyyankeefan, Aug 10, 2008.

1. crazyyankeefan macrumors regular

I'm on my 3rd Apple Bluetooth Headset, and this one is finally a good one. The first one had no battery life, and the second one has no call quality. The third one is finally the "one" that people have positive feedbacks for.

Since when has Apple started to make their products with such inconsistent quality? They really have some serious problem with quality control. Like I heard some people were bad luck to get iPhone 3G with bad screen res, but I feel my screen is crystal clear with vivid colors. It seems now we customers just have to buy products from Apple base on "luck".

Their Mac/PC commercials always say that "It just works". Seriously...really??

2. docprego macrumors 65816

Oh please, Apple's quality is very consistent. You can be sure that you will consistently get products with defects and subpar build quality. I went through five 24" iMacs and never got one I was satisfied with and no less than four iPhones until I got a good one. They are simply ridiculous with their lack of quality control.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It is not really Apple's build quality or their control, it is that we are all just starting to replace older systems and items whose solder contained lead. Soldier has always been mostly tin, but tin has this annoying quality of sprouting tendrils and shorting out electrical circuits. As a result, lead was added to the tin to prevent the formation of these whiskers (as they are called). However, the EU had decided that the small amount of lead is too dangerous to the population (even though it is very difficult to get lead poisioning) even though they still allow mercury filled florecent bulbs to be created (and mercury is much more dangerous because the skin can absorb it though the pores and it causes insanity). The RoHS (which outlawed lead) caused electronics makers to go to pure tin solder, something that has cost a large amount of money due to hardware failures, like you headsets.

The worst thing about these Tin Whiskers, is that they can form at any time. So something may work perfectly for years, then one day, boom, a whisker shorts out the processor or IC and it stops working.

TEG

4. crazyyankeefan thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I think you're right. Apple is indeed very consistent......consistently bad.

You're on your 4th iPhone?!! OMG! Apple should offer you this one for free.

5. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

But on the other hand, my family has had 2 PowerBooks, 1 Macbook, 2 iMacs, 1 Mac mini, and 8 ipods in the last 4 years, with not one problem. Everything has worked perfectly right out of the box.

It's like any other product - some will have problems, and the company should repair or replace them. Of course people get pissed off when they are unlucky enough to get more than one lemon. I would be too. But I think it's just that, bad luck. :(

6. crazyyankeefan thread starter macrumors regular

My sister, my gf and I all have MacBooks that work perfectly fine. It seems the iPhone 3G product line (including iPhone headset) is the real problem.